Norwegian and SAS have flights from Copenhagen to Aalborg, while Norwegian also offers international direct flights from European cities. The airport is located north of the city. Take Bus no 2 or a taxi (very expensive!) to town. The bus is infrequent on weekends and evenings, and stops the service rather early (around 23:00). If you arrive very late, have little luggage and small budget, you can walk ~2km until the Lindholm train station. Bus or train to the center should be still available after midnight.
Aalborg Busterminal on John F Kennedy Plads (The John F Kennedy square, phone: 98 12 87 13) right by the station is a large regional hub for long distance, regional and local buses. Express buses (XBus ) leaves several times per day towards Aarhus (via Hadsund), Løgstør, Holstebro, Viborg (via Silkeborg) and Esbjerg. In addition regional buses (locally known as rutebil) connects to nearly every city of some size in North Eastern Jutland.
From Frederikshavn: Use the E45 southbound to Aalborg. From Hirtshals: Use the E39 southbound to Aalborg. From Aarhus: Use the E45 northbound to Aalborg
In the center it easy to walk by foot. To go further, there is a good public bus system (20 DKK for 1.5h if you pay cash, 12 DKK after 18:00). The buses don't go at night, and taxis are very expensive. The best way is still to get around by bicycle, you can rent one close to tourist information office or at several other locations using the city-bike system. There is also a city bike scheme where you may borrow a bicycle after giving a 20 DKK deposit. For longer stays, a better option is buying one. Police has auctions once per month, you can ask about them in the police station.
Nørresundby is north of Limfjordsbroen.
- Aalborg Akvavit. Distillery.
- Aalborghus Castle (Aalborghus Slot). A castle and garden from the 16th century.
- Aalborg Tower, Søndre Skovvej 30.
- Aalborg Townhall, Gammel Torv 2, ☎ . Built in 1759.
- Aalborg Zoo. Cosy zoo with many "classic" zoo animals such as giraffes, elephants and big cats. The biggest enclosure is the savanna, where several African animals are free-ranging. There is also a big playground and a nice restaurant.
- Art museum (Kunsten).
- Ancient Viking graveyard, Vendilavej 11, Lindholm Høje, Nørresundby, ☎ . Apr-Oct 10AM–5PM, Nov-Mar Tu-Su 10AM–4PM. 60 Kr, seniors and students 45 Kr, children below 18 years free.
- Budolfi Church.
- Elbjørn, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Icebreaker now working as a restaurant and culture ship at the Aalborg harbour. It has a restaurant, a bar, glass workshop, and a museum.
- Jens Bangs Stenhus, Østerågade 9. Beautiful renaissance house, built in 1624 by the merchant Jens Bang.
- Jørgen Olufsens House, Østerågade 25. Well preserved renaissance house from 1616 by the merchant Jørgen Olufsen.
- Lille Vildmose (southeast of Aalborg and hard to reach by public transport). The largest raised bog in Western Europe, good wildlife exhibition center with small cafe and restaurant and excellent bird watching.
- Royal Taxhouse, Strandvejen 1. Built in 1902 representing national romantic architecture. In 2005, it was brought back to its original style. Next to the house is a musical fountain, during summer at noon, 3PM, 6PM and 9PM Händel's Water Music accompanise the splashing water.
- Utzon Centre, Slotspladsen 4, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Tu-Su 10AM-5PM. A cultural centre exhibiting art, architecture and design. Focuses on Jørgen Utzon's own work and other work somehow related to him. Also has a restaurant. 60 Kr, seniors 40 Kr, students 20 Kr, children under 18 years free, group 40 Kr.
- Aalborg Karnival. The biggest carnival in Northern Europe. If you want to have fun with Danish people this is a great opportunity.
- Bicycle. Rent a bicycle and go along the fjord.
- Casino Aalborg, Ved Stranden 16, ☎ , fax: +45 9933 7099, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Su–Th 8PM–3AM, F-Sa 8PM–AM. Offer American Roulette, Black Jack, Poker and slot machines. Nice experience, but the atmosphere here is not as chic and international as you might expect. 50 Kr.
- Egholm. Take a ferry to this small island in the fjord.
- Ice-skating, C.W. Obels Square (behind the Student House). 24/7, but only in the winter. Free if you own your own skates, otherwise renting them is 50 DKK.
- Jumboland, Gøteborgvej 33, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. M-Tu during holiday 10AM-6PM, W-Th, Su 10AM-6PM, F 10AM-7PM, Sa 9AM-7PM. Indoor playground of 2,400 sqm. Does also have a café. 60 Kr, children 18 months-15 years 80 Kr.
- Open Swimming Pool (Friluftsbad), Skydebanevej 14. Free.
Cheapest supermarkets are Netto, Fakta, Aldi, Lidl and Rema 1000. Working hours are 9-20 on weekdays and 8-17 on Saturdays. Aldi is open 10-16 on Sundays.
- Algade and Bispensgade. Main shopping streets. Most shops close at 6PM M-F and 2PM Sa, Su shops are closed unless it is a special Sunday (usually first of the month).
- Medinaen, Reberbansgade, Urbansgade, Holbergsgade and Jens Bangs Gade. Shopping area with a number of unique small shops.
- Salling, Algade. Department store.
- Wet Market, Aagade. Sa, We mornings.
There are several restaurants in Jomfru Ane Gade (Jomfru Ane street). In the city there are around 300 restaurants.
- Fontænen: has the cheapest hot dogs in town, low budget fast food, what you need after a night out.
- 1000fryd. an alternative bar, vegan dinner on Tuesdays for 20dk. You have to sign up before.
- KN Pizza & Kebab 2. a small pizza place known for its quality food, but it is not cheap actually quiet the opposite.
- San Giovanni. Good Italian restaurant
- Friends : nice location toward the street junction & have the option to stay out.I eat salmon salad with mixed fruit cocktail juice for 90 dk, but make sure to have Krona since they are not accepting Euro.
- Emiki Pizza : small pizza place & friendly staff I took veggie pizza with Coke for 45dk.
- The Wharf, ☎ . Borgergade 16, has the best beer in town (same owner as Charlies in Copenhagen).
- The Irish House. Østerågade 25, tel: 98141817,
- London Pub, ☎ . Boulevarden 7.
- Jomfru Ane Gade is a short street with 30 restaurants/bars. Drinks are cheap and the bars are open late. You will see signs advertising 10 DKK drinks and 10pm-12pm happy hour.
- Fedtebrødet: a real underground place in Aalborg. Very good music in this hippie bar where local bands play often and where you can always grab a guitar and jam with other costumers. The place is full of "different" people... letus say its the complete opposite of the above-mentioned Jomfru Ane Gade.
- 1000fryd, ☎ . Kattesundet 10, is Aalborg's only bar run by activists. 1000fryd has been around since 1984 when Aalborg's alternative scene bought the place. Now the place is known for their ecological beer, underground music scene and D.I.Y attitude towards life. 1000fryd has two reoccurring festivals, namely their Punk/HC festival and their Queer festival. 
- Student house [www.studenterhuset.dk] right across the Budolfi church hosts international evenings on Wednesdays, as well as various concerts on Fridays. Very informal.
- Behag din smag, Maren Turis Gade 5, ☎ . M-F 9AM-6PM, Sa 9:30AM-4:30PM. Coffee, tea and chocolate. If you enjoy good coffee, then this is the spot. One of the owners was the Danish Barista champion of 2007.
- Søgaards Bryghus, C. W. Obels Plads 1, ☎ . Brew pub, very modern ambiance, with the mash tuns in full view. Offers many styles of beer, including stouts, porters, IPA as well as lagers.
Aalborg is also the home of De Danske Spritfabrikker which produces a great number of distilled beverages. Their most famous product is the Aalborg Taffel Akvavit, colloquially known as a "Rød Aalborg" (Red Aalborg).
- Eyvind Andreasen B&B, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.. Kronprinsens alle 34, Friendly place just north of the bridge. Has three rooms sharing bathroom, kitchen, separate entrance. TV, beer and wine available in the kitchen at very reasonable prices. DKK270, DKK325 (double).
- Scheelsminde Hotel & Gastronomi, ☎ , fax: +45 98 18 33 34, e-mail: email@example.com.. Scheelsmindevej 35 - DK-9100 Aalborg, - - A nice 4 star hotel-restaurant mostly for business people.
- Radisson SAS Limfjord Hotel, fax: +45 98 16 17 47. Ved Stranden 14-16 - DK-9000 Aalborg, til: +45 98 16 43 33 - - email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Big 4-star hotel with a view towards the Limfjord. Prices from 1200 - 2000 DKK per night.
- Danhostel Aalborg, Skydebanevej 50 - DK-9000 Aalborg. A hostel outside the centre of Aalborg which contains some huts on an island. It is cheap to sleep at this hostel and the ferry to Egholm is not far from it.
- Det nordjyske Landsbibliotek (library) , Rendsburggade 2, section Nørregadehjørnet in "Team Natur".
There are lots of beautiful nature around, easily accessible only by car.
- Rubjerg Knude - impressing sand dunes and a half-sunken lighthouse in the sand
- Fur island
For beach, you can take a bus to Blokhus (around 40km) or Hals (around 30km) and walk some 3km north, or take a less frequent bus that passes Hou, to, e.g., Bisnap strand.
- Fårup Sommerland. This amusement park can be reached by bus from Aalborg Rutebilstation. The amusement park has many rides and a water park.
|Routes through Aalborg|
|Frederikshavn ← Sæby ←||N S||→ Hobro → Kolding|
|Hjørring ← Brønderslev ←||N S||→ END|