Acton is a town in Massachusetts.
Acton is five miles (8 km) from I-495 and ten miles (16 km) from I-95/Route 128. Routes 2, 2A, 27, 62, 111, and 119 run through town.
The MBTA Commuter Rail Fitchburg Line train stops at the South Acton station. South Acton is a major station on the line at which many trains terminate. Besides the urban stops at Cambridge (Porter Square) and Boston (North Station Terminal), it is the only station on the line at which all trains stop. The MBTA Fitchburg Line provides service to Fitchburg, Leominster, Shirley, Ayer, Littleton, Concord, Lincoln, Weston, Waltham, Belmont, Cambridge, and Boston.
- The Discovery Museums, 177 Main Street, ☎ . The Discovery Museums are two separate science museums located on the same site. The Children's Discovery Museum has exhibits suitable for younger children, while the Science Discovery Museum focuses on older children. The location is well guarded by Bessie, the large dinosaur statue and museum mascot, located in the front grounds of the facility.
- Atlantic Sea Grill, 77 Great Road (Route 2A), ☎ . Seafood, take-out available.
- Bickford's Family Fare, 20 Nagog Park, ☎ . Breakfast, sandwiches, good variety.
- Ichabod's Café, 166 Great Road (Route 2A), ☎ . Mediterranean/American cuisine.
- Sprigs, Great Road (Route 2A), ☎ . Higher-priced French food.
|Routes through Acton|
|Fitchburg ← Littleton ←||W E||→ Concord → Boston|