(Redirected from Adilabad (District))
- Basara - Sri Gyana Saraswathi Devasthanam pilgrimage site
- Jannaram - Kawal Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kadem - Kadem river and dam.
- Keslapur - Nagoba temple
- Kuntala - Kuntala Waterfalls
- Mancherial - Pranahita Wildlife Sanctuary
- Nirmal -
- Pochera - Pochera Waterfalls
- Utnur - Utnur Temple and a pilgrimage site
It was once part of Maharashtra but borders have changed since 1945 to make it a town of Andra Pradesh, it is separated from its neighbouring districts by river Godavari. Among the districts of Andhra Pradesh, Adilabad ranks first in earning revenue from minerals. It is well endowed with rich reserves of coal, iron ore, lime stone and clays. Due to the heavy amount of transactions involved in cotton business, this city is also called of "City of Cotton".
The district has been the place of stay for some of the tribe sects like Gond, Lambada, etc. whose mother tongues do not have a script. There is a fort in the town of Utnoor which is 55 km from Adilabad which was built by Gond kings who ruled this area. Currently Utnoor is the operational headquarter for the organization ITDA (ITDA-> Integrated Tribal Development Authority) set up by government of AP for the benefit of tribals.
This is one of the few district head quarters in the state which is connected with the National highway (NH7) and a Broad Gauge train route. Good train connectivity is available to Mancherial and Kagaz Nagar from state capital Hyderabad. Visit http://www.indianrail.gov.in for train schedules and reservations.
Though a small airport is available, it is not in regular use.
This district is full of natural beauty. It is famous for green forests, rivers, waterfalls, wild animals, etc. There are beautiful waterfalls in this district namely Kuntala, Pochera and Sadarmaat. There are lot of wild animal sanctuaries in this district. The beautiful ghat roads and cotton fields near Kerameri
- Goddess Saraswati temple on the banks of river Godavari in the temple town of Basar. This is the only Saraswati temple in the entire South India.
- Pilgrimage Centers Basar, Utnoor and Keshlapur Temples.
- Nirmal Paintings and Toys and Bell Metal Craft
- Fine quality long staple cotton from the tribal farmers near Kerameri.
- Wheat Roti
- Jawar Roti
- Mahua (Gulmohar)drink (Ippa Kallu)
- Taddy (Kawal one is the best)
Other major cities in this district: Mancheral, Kagaz Nagar, Bellampalli, Asifabad, Utnoor, Nirmal, Bhainsa and Basar.