Aust-Agder is a county in Norway.
There are no airports inside Aust-Agder. You can use the following airports in other counties.
- Kristiansand airport, located 16 km northeast of Kristiansand, 70 west of Arendal. Flights to Oslo, London, Copenhagen, etc. There are airport buses between the airport and Lillesand, Grimstad and Arendal.
- Skien Airport, located 120 km east of Arendal. Flights only from Bergen. Access by taxi to central Skien and local buses, rutebok.no.
- Sandefjord Torp Airport , located 120 km east of Arendal. International low fare flights. Access by local buses, rutebok.no.
- Oslo Airport, located 300 km northeast of Arendal. Major international airport. See the below how to get in from Oslo.
- NSB operates trains from Oslo to Stavanger. Inside Aust-Agder, they stop in Gjerstad, Vegårshei, and Nelaug. These places are in the sparsely populated inland. Connections to the coast is by the train Nelaug-Arendal or local buses.
- There are Color lines car ferries from Hirtshals in Denmark to Kristiansand. Hirtshals is reached by DSB train or car.
- From Oslo, use E18.
- From Bergen, a suggestion is to use roads E16, 13, E134 and 41.
- From Denmark, use the car ferry.
Local buses, tickets and info by AKT.