North America > United States of America > California > Central Coast (California) > San Luis Obispo County > Avila Beach
Avila Beach is about ten miles south of San Luis Obispo off Highway 101.
- The beautiful beach
- Pecho Coast Trail, ☎ . Saturdays: 9AM. A fairly strenuous 3.5 mile round trip docent-led hike from Port San Luis Harbor to Point San Luis allowing a closeup look and tour of the San Luis Point Lighthouse. Ages 9 and up. Call for reservations. Suggested $3.00 donation for Lighthouse tour.
- Swimming in the gorgeous but frigid Pacific Ocean and basking in the sun
- Golf and tennis are readily available at the Inn at Avila Beach.
- Visit Avila Valley Barn for local produce on your way in.
- The Custom House Restaurant, 404 Front St, ☎ .
- Avila La Fonda Inn, 101 San Miguel St, ☎ , fax: +1-805-627-1862, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: Noon. An upscale inn featuring spa suites, fireplaces in every room, complimentary gift baskets for all guests, and a daily wine reception. The building suffers from its location - there are no ocean views and the rear rooms offer an overlook of a large parking lot - but the staff makes every effort to cater to guests' needs and cover all of the little things that other hotels might miss. $200-$300 per night.
- Inn at Avila Beach, 256 Front St, ☎ .