Regular train from London Marylebone (MYB) to Aylesbury (AYS), via Amersham (AMR) or High Wycombe (HWY). Operated by Chiltern Railways . National Rail Enquiries  provides time tables and bookings.
Walking and cycling are both popular ways for exploring nearby hinterland. There has been substantial investment in a cycle route network 
Aylesbury is a fairly small town with some parts of the centre being pedestrianised, thus making it an ideal place to walk around.
Local and county wide bus service operated by Arriva Bus 
- Aylesbury Vale, beautiful winding hills around the town
- John Hampden statue, local lad turned great Parliamentarian leader during the English Civil War
- Buckinghamshire County Museum
- Friars' Club - famous venue for music, bands like The Clash and Jimmy Hendrix. Also appeared in A Clockwork Orange.
- Market Square and King's Head Inn, a 13th Century pub/estate
- Roald Dahl Children's Gallery in Church Street
- St Tiggywinkles, an animal welfare hospital
- Waddesdon Manor, Waddesdon, near Aylesbury, HP18 0JH (6 miles west of Aylesbury), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Butler's Cross on a sunny day to see a view of the town from a hill. Grand Union Canal - hire a narrowboat for a day or two to cruise. Take in a play at the beautiful Waterside Theatre, opened in 2010.
A historic market town, Aylesbury has a daily market in the town centre. Products include fruit, vegetables, clothes, horticulture and media. Every so often on the weekend a French Market operates, bringing with it cheeses, bread and various other French delicacies.
Restaurants are dotted around the town centre, ranging from fast food to à la carte styles.
The main late night venue's are situated around the cinema area, and also Kingsbury Square.
Aylesbury also has a number of excellent pubs selling locally brewed beer including
In the town centre there are a selection of small bed and breakfast, or pub hotels, such as The Bell Inn.
Self-catering apartments in Aylesbury are now becoming popular alternatives to hotel stays. There are thousands of self-catering apartments available throughout the city centre and outskirts - providing accommodation for up to 8 people at a time, for stays of anything from one night to 1 year.