Bensheim along with other similar towns is on the Bergstraße, a mountain road running on the western edge of the Odenwald mountain range.
Marktplatz (town's market square)
- Marktbrunnen (Market Fountain), dates from 1895
- House No. 22: former Gasthaus 'Zur Armbrust', built in 1615 – timber-framed corner house with a two-storey bay and half-hipped roof
- House No. 21: renaissance timber framework (built around 1600) of this three-storey house appears relatively unaltered.
- House No. 16-18: ensemble of three identical timber-framed houses built in 1682 “as an adornment of the Market Square” dominate its southern side.
- Blauer Aff, Kappengasse 2 - Bensheim-Auerbach, ☎ . from 5PM. Very nice restaurant and wine pub. With atrium to sit outside during warm summer nights.
Other places along the Bergstraße are: