- Białowieża National Park (Białowieski Park Narodowy), a UNESCO World Heritage Site just next to the village, is the last remains of the primeval forest which once covered most of Europe.
- Open Air Wooden Architecture of Rus' Population of Podlachia Museum in Białowieża (Skansen Architektury Drewnianej Ludności Ruskiej Podlasia w Białowieży), ul. Zastawa 66B. Complex of wooden huts, windmills and other farm buildings. Also a chapel and a sauna. Most of the buildings are around one hundred years old.
- Nature and Forest Museum (Muzeum Przyrodniczo-Leśne), Park Pałacowy 11, ☎ . 9AM - 4PM Mondays closed. 12 PLN normal 8 PLN discount.
- Palace Park (Park Pałacowy). An English garden park from 19th century. It assisted the (now nonexistent) palace located on the hill which Russian tzars used in summer while on hunts.
- Sarenka Cafe Gallery, ul. gen. Waszkiewicza 8 (next to the Youth Hostel). A nice place, which sells art as well as hot drinks, fruit juice and similar (sadly no beer, wine or spirits). The owner often organises live music, film screenings, impromptu feasts etc.
- Camping Białowieża, Krzyże 11, ☎ . 80 tent places + four double rooms.
- PL Outback, ul. Graniczna 13, 17-230 Białowieża, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A new guest house with clean and modern double and twin rooms, all with ensuites. Shared kitchen facilities and lounge/terrace area. The owner Rose speaks excellent English. 40-50zł per night per person.
- Chatka Puchatka, ul. Graniczna 6, ☎ . Agro-tourism accommodation "Chatka Puchatka" is situated in a lovely quiet area far away from housing in the nearby Narewka valley. Five basic double-rooms with bathroom. An outdated website states 'regional breakfast and dinner or supper are prepared from local, organic products', though they no longer provide meals. The house is situated aback with panoramatic view of Bialowieza. The main tourist attractions are 15-20 minutes on foot away. It's possible to rent a bike and set a campfire. Rooms approx €30 (120zł) per night. From €30.
- Paprotka Youth Hostel, ul. Waszkiewicza 6 (From the main square of town, walk east, away from the post office. You'll see signs on your right.), ☎ . Very basic Youth Hostel, member of Hostelling International. About what you'd expect from the location. 47 beds. Self-catering. Reservations for groups over 15 should be made by phone at least three days prior to arrival. 30 - 60 zł.