Bundi is a blue city in eastern Rajasthan. It's a special destination on its own. An oasis in the desert state , a serene civilization far from the maddening crowd & a tourists' destination . Attracted Rudyard Kipling (writer of The Jungle Book), Rabindra Nath Tagore, Virginia Fass, film maker Satyajit Ray .. and many more. Thousands of tourists, both domestic and foreign, come here to see and discover this beautiful place. Bundi was named after a Meena Chieftain Bunda. Bundi is especially famous for the miniature paintings from the "Bundi School" and the aesthetic stepwells.
Bundi is well connected by road to other important cities of Rajasthan such as Jaipur, Ajmer, Kota, etc., as well as to Agra. Buses (mostly Govt. transport corporation) run to Delhi, too.Betwenn distance of Jaipur and Bundi is 206 km.Bundi is well connected by NH 12 from Jaipur to Tonk , Bundi, Kota and Jabalpur.
Most of Bundi is very accessible by walking and there is generally no need to hire transport. Virtually the only mode of public transportation is the auto rickshaw. As always in India, bargaining is required.
There are lots of small tourist attractions in Bundi.
- Taragarh Fort The biggest of them is this fort built somewhere in the 16th century. This fort counts amongst the most famous ones in Rajasthan for its intricate structures and a highly-regarded painting gallery (from here originated the Bundi style of mural painting).
- Shikar Burj and Jait Sagar Shikar Burj is the name of the place that was used by kings for hunting. It is very near to a small lake called Jait Sagar. This lake was once famous for lotus flowers. Near Jait sagar there is a small garden called Terrace garden.
- Phool Sagar This is another small palace and was more of a summer palace. Prior permission from the DM of the city is required to visit the same as it is still under the control of the royal family.
- Stepwells These 32 stepwells were used as a water supply (drinking and washing). They were built by Mother Queen of Bundi in 1699 and were donated for public wellfare. The most beautiful stepwell is Rani Jiki Barol, which you can visit. It's an example of a Hindu and Jain architecture.
- Bundi Palace Bundi is one of the few places in India which can lay its claim to an authentic school of painting, "The Bundi School." The splendid paintings in the Chitrashala in the Bundi fort are par excellence and can be compared with probably the best anywhere in the world.
- Ishwari Niwas Palace, 1-Civil Lines, Bundi, ☎ . Both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian food (Indian, Chinese, Continental). Air-conditioned dining room.
- Bundi Haveli Hotel. The rooms are comfortable. The Australian co-owner, LuLu, is very helpful and nice to chat with.
- Hadee Rani, Sadar Bazar, ☎ . Opened in 2006, this hotel is one of the better options in town. The food is good, so are the rooms. The establishment is run by a friendly family. Rs 100-500.
- Ishwari Niwas Palace, 1-Civil Lines, ☎ . Ishwari Niwas is a symbol of Hada legacy and ethnic culture. The hotel was built by king Ishwari Singh in 1927 as a British guest house. Currently it is the property of the royal family and is opened as a hotel since 1992.
- Tara Homestay, Near Bundi Palace, ☎ , e-mail: TaraHomeStay@gmail.com. Nice cosy rooms overlooking the palace. Home atmosphere with tasty cooking. Rooftop has great views. Managers name is Jitu.
- Daulat Niwas-Dugari Ki Haveli, Bundi, Near Mallah Saheb Temple (Near Old Kotwali (Police Station)), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. An Architecture which is Of 500 years purest examples of Rajput architecture old belonged to youngest Son of Rao Raja Umed Singh or Shriji (1739-1770), the saintly ruler of Bundi gifted this property in early 1739 AD to his younger Son Rao Raja Sardar Singhji Of Dugari. Presently owned by Rajmata Sahiba Daulat Kanwar Of Dugari. The Family is already running a Camp in Bundi Called "The Ummaid Bagh Resort, Bundi" The Grandson Kunwar Shivam Singh Dugari & Bhanwar Shantanu Singh Dugari came out with fantastic idea of converting this old architecture into : "THE CHEAPEST B&B HAVELI OF RAJASTHAN" Basic Concept Behind : "To Provide Luxury At Cheapest" List Of Special Things you get when you stay at Daulat Niwas, Bundi, Last Night No Charge For Royal Enfield Bikers 25% Discount on Dining at The Ummaid Bagh Resort, Bundi Personalised Tour to Dugari Fort, Lake Kanak Sagar and Dugari Bagh Wifi in All The Rooms Express Check In - Check Out Roof Top Snack Bar For In House Guest Only 100 Rs.