Cagliari is the capital of Sardinia.
Taxi service to Cagliari is provided by the following companies:
- Cooperativa Radio Taxi “Quattro Mori”, Scalette Santo Sepolcro 2, ☎ 070 400101.
- Cooperativa Radio Taxi “Rossoblù” (Via Duomo 19), ☎ 070 6655.
Bus service to the city is provided in the daytime by ARST Azienda Regionale Trasporti (free toll 800 865042, info 070 4098327).
By public transportation
Cagliari Public Transportation CTM provides an fast and efficient service to get around in Cagliari city and suburbs.There are about 30 lines of buses and four new metro lines are in progress. At least the bus traffic is amazingly efficient and reliable to Italian standards. Daily passes cost €3 each and allow unlimited riding on buslines in Cagliari as well as on the light rail tram that runs from Cagliari to Monserrato. 
It is really difficult to get parking and drive in rush hour even if the road network has been recently improved.
The best thing you can do is walk through the old city and discover it. Almost everything you have to see in a quick visit of Cagliari can be reached by a pleasant little walk. Plus there are some spectacular views, for example of the Gulf of Cagliari seen from the old city that are best seen from points that are not reachable by car.
Wear comfortable shoes, though. The old town of Cagliari is somewhat hilly, so you will be walking uphill or downhill most of the time.
There are clean public toilets in the building on the Pontile Sanita ferry wharf, near the bus terminal.
The Cagliari bike station is in the centre of Cagliari, inside the parking area, at the train station. 
The Old Town lies on top of a hill with a view of the Gulf of Cagliari.
- Art deco architecture
You must have a full relaxing day on the wonderful Poetto Beach. This 8 km beach will excite you and is perfectly equipped to satisfy every your wish. You can get here by buses PF, PQ, 3P, and 9P.
The beach is divided to the free parts and the beach clubs, the latter charging you with an entry fee but rent umbrellas, deck chairs, etc. for you. Prices are around €3/entry, about €12 for an umbrella, a deck chair and a sun bed. The club beaches clean the sand each night and provide you with showers and toilets.
Most of the shops are concentrated in a couple of areas: Via Roma and Largo Carlo Felice, the pedestrial roads Via Manno and Via Garibaldi, and the part of town around Via Alghero, Via Paoli and Via Dante. Lots of beautiful shop are concentrated in this areas which could remind you of Copenhagen's Strøget.
There are many of restaurants in the old town area, and you probably will not make a bad selection anyway since the food seems to be top class at least if you enjoy seafood. A dinner for two with little house wine.
- l'Oca Bianca, Via Napoli, 38 (Marina District), ☎ 070 664339. A good pizza place tucked away in the side streets. Make a reservation, though.
- Glitter, Via dei Genovesi, 22 (Castello area). If you want to taste another kind of typical Italian food, try piadine at this place. This small café has a unique atmosphere that recalls medieval times with its stone walls and you can admire a Punic cistern under your feet while tasting delicious piadine.
There are a few places to enjoy lunch salads at the Piazza Yenne and wonderful Gelaterias if you don't want to eat too heavily during the day. These places double up as decent eateries by night.
- Cafe Restaurant Van Gogh, coastal road Cagliari Villasimius km 19,4, ☎ 070 786082. Traditional Sardinian food that is freshly prepared and beautifully presented, afternoon light meals and salads, lunches and dinners, prix fix lunch menus, Facilities for children, Good parking, Close to beach
The whole area around Cagliari gives host to a number of accommodation options including the world famous Forte village , and the stunning hotel Le Meridien Chia Laguna on the white sandy beaches of Chia.
- Hotel Tanca Irde. Strada per Poggio dei Pini Capoterra, 09012 CA. Hotel Tanca Irde is located on a small hill between the mountains and the sea, within the area of Capoterra, a few kilometers from Cagliari and its airport. The hotel, which is open all year round, is surrounded by ample grounds containing a swimming pool and private car park.
- Hotel Palladium, Viale Europa (Monastir, close to the SS131, well served by bus), ☎ 0039709168040, fax: 0039709168013, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotel is outside the city. It provides 24 h reception, free Wi-Fi access, an outdoor swimming pool, a nice garden, and a free secure parking garage. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, the staff welcoming and helpful.
- Alghero, also known as Barcelonetta (Little Barcellona) is pretty city with a strong Catalan influence, and is also known for its beautiful beaches and very good food at reasonable prices (4 h bus trip from Cagliari).