Carrington (North Dakota)
North America > United States of America > Great Plains > North Dakota > Coteaus and Plains > Carrington (North Dakota)
Via US-281, approximately 40 miles north of I-94. It also can be reach on North Dakota Highway 200 and US-52. 66th AVE NE 2 miles south New Rockford on via ND Hwy 15.
- Carrington Municipal Airport Tel: +1 701 652-2206
- Camp Kimball (4 miles west on Highway 52, 5 miles south, 1 mile east), ☎ . State Historic Site. This was the campsite of the Sibley Expedition on July 22–23, 1863.
- Foster County Museum, Second Street & 16th Avenue South, ☎ , fax: +1 701 652-3363. Military uniforms, household items, old pictures of Carrington and surrounding communities, old farm equipment, firefighting equipment and one-room schoolhouse. Open Memorial Day to Labor Day: 2:00 to 5PM. All year by appointment.
- Putnam House, 533 Main St, ☎ , , fax: +1 701 652-1264, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Three-story historic home listed on National Registry of Historic Places. Available for tours or private rental. Rural community cultural center. Open June through August on Sundays, 2PM-5PM or year-round by appointment. Admission: Guided tours $3, walk-through tour $2.
- Hawks Nest Ridge (6 miles west on Highway 200, 7 1/2 miles south), ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 701 652-2391, e-mail: email@example.com. Hiking. Highest point in a short ridge of glacial moraine hills rises 800 feet above the surrounding prairie. The 100-acre nature park is one of state's official watchable wildlife areas.
- Crossroads Golf Course (North of Carrington, on Hwy 281), ☎ .
- Carrington Youth Center, 890 Main St, ☎ .
- Watch High School Sports
- Central City Lanes, 890 Main St, ☎ .
- Pipestem Creek (9 miles south on Highway 281, 1 mile east on Highway 9), ☎ , fax: +1 701 652-1441, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Manufacturer of hand-made SunFlorals (exquisite natural floral wreaths) and SunFeeders (edible birdfeeders and birdhouses). Summer tours include extensive gardens, drying and production facilities and gift shop. There are three renovated granaries and a train depot. There is a gift shop in a restored 10-sided granary. Open year-round, Monday to Friday, 8AM-4PM, and they have extended hours in the summer and fall. Open evenings and weekends by appointment. Guided tours welcome by reservation.
- ALCO, 6717 Hwy 200, ☎ .
- Carrington Drug, 956 Main St, ☎ .
- Designer Fabrics Quilt Shop, 929 Main St, ☎ .
- Carrington Health Center Gift Shop, 800 4th Street N, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Rose Garden Floral & Greenhouse, 366 5th Avenue N, ☎ , toll-free: .
- Carrington Floral, 969 Main St, ☎ .
- Seaburg Drug, 990 Main St, ☎ .
- Chieftain Restaurant & Sports Bar, 60 4th Ave S, ☎ .
- The Ice Cream Shop, 61 4th Ave N, ☎ .
- Donna's Diner & Catering, 1560 3rd St N, ☎ .
- Highway Drive In, 435 2nd St S, ☎ .
- Pizza Ranch, 730 4th Ave S, ☎ .
- Prairie Inn, 312 Hwy 281 NE, ☎ .
- Food Court at Super Valu Foods, Hwy 281, ☎ .
- Stop n' Go Foods, 309 Hwy 281 NE, ☎ .
- Subway, 488 8th St N, ☎ .
- The Garden Gate, 929 Main St, ☎ . Popular gift and coffee shop featuring exquisite, locally-handmade, as well as imported, silk and dried floral arrangements, candles/frangrances, body & bath items, plaques, jewelry, fashionable pillows/throws, and more... Serving coffee, desserts, and lunches until 4PM
- A Catered Event & Bakery, 740 4th Ave. S/ Hwy 281 S, ☎ . Lunch menu, full service bakery, cakes, catering and event planning. Conference room available.
- Finch's Five Spot, 861 Main St, ☎ .
- Harley's Place, 904 Main St, ☎ .
- Shamrock Bar & Lounge, 979 Main St, ☎ .
- Carrington Inn & Suites, 101 4th Ave S, ☎ .
- Chieftain Conference Center & Hotel, 60 4th Ave S, ☎ .
- Blue Swan Bed & Breakfast Hotel, 626 2nd St N, ☎ .
|Routes through Carrington|
|Minot ← Anamoose ←||NW SE||→ Jamestown → Fargo|
|Churchs Ferry ← New Rockford ←||N S||→ Jamestown → Aberdeen|