North America > United States of America > Southwest (United States of America) > Arizona > Greater Phoenix > Cave Creek
Cave Creek is most easily accessed by heading north of Phoenix on I-17.
The entire town is connected through a network of horse, hiking and mountain bike trails.
- Cave Creek Museum, 6140 E Skyline Dr, ☎ . Oct-May W-Th 1pm-4:30pm, F 10am-4:30pm, Sa-Su 1pm-4:30pm. Has a number of exhibits examining the history of the Cave Creek area, from pre-Columbian to the end of the 19th century. $5 (adults), $3 (seniors), $2 (students 12+), free (children under 12).
- Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area, 44000 N Spur Cross Rd, ☎ , fax: +1 480-488-2263, e-mail: email@example.com. Daylight hours. Between the town of Cave Creek and Tonto National Forrest, the Spur Cross conservation offers a wide expanse of trails through a fertile section of the Sonoran Desert, suitable for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. See Hohokam ruins and petroglyphs. Guided tours available.
- Black Mountain Summit Park. Has a number of good trails, suitable for hiking and mountain biking.
- Spur Cross Stables, 44029 N Spur Cross Rd, ☎ , toll-free: . Guided horse rides through Spur Cross.
- Cave Creek Trail Rides, 37019 N 32nd St, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Oct 13 - May 12. Guided horse rides through Cave Creek Park.
- Rancho Mañana Golf, 5734 E Rancho Mañana Blvd, ☎ . A former dude ranch turned golf course.
- Spur Cross Cycles (Bike rentals in Cave Creek), 6061 E Cave Creek Rd #1b (across from Clearance Time), ☎ , e-mail: SpurCrossCycles@gmail.com. T-Sa 9am-5pm, Su 12pm-5pm. Road and mountain bike rentals conveniently located near Spur Cross Recreation Area, Cave Creek Park, the Black Canyon Trail and Cave Creek/Carefree area resorts. $30-50/half-day, $45-65/full-day.
- Flat Tire Bike Shop, 6149 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ . M-F 9am-6pm, Sa 9am-5pm, Su 10am-4pm. Weekly Sunday morning bike ride.
- Extreme Arizona ATV Rental, 6061 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ .
Festivals and fairs
- Wild West Days, e-mail: WildWestDaysCaveCreek@yahoo.com. Takes place annually at the end of October or early November. Parades, rodeos, car shows, arts and crafts, food, music, and various other events.
- Cave Creek Fiesta Days, Cave Creek Memorial Arena, 37201 N 28th St, ☎ =1 480-488-4043, fax: +1 623-738-1850, e-mail: email@example.com. Weekend rodeo event with parade, music, food, dance, vendors, and a golf tournament. Takes place annually in early April.
- Magic Bird Festivals, in downtown Carefree (east of Cave Creek), ☎ , fax: +1 480-488-1052, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Holds several arts and crafts festivals between November and April.
- Thunderbird Arts and Wine Festivals. Fine arts and wine tasting.
- Hidden in the Hills Artists' Studio Tour, ☎ . Annual free self-guided tour among around 45 home studios with 150 participating artists. Takes place over the last two weekends of November.
- Christmas Pageant and Luminaria Run, Spur Cross/Stagecoach Village. The pageant has been taking place annually in December for over fifty years. The luminaria run was added in 2003.
- AZ Bike Week. Typically takes place at the end of March/start of April.
- Frontier Town, 6245 E Cave Creek Rd. A faux old-west town with tourist shops and restaurants.
- Stagecoach Village, 7100 E Cave Creek Rd (Corner of Galloway and Cave Creek Rd). A newer western themed shopping plaza set up as a village.
- Art galleries, Main St. Cave Creek has many fine art galleries along its main street. The second Friday of every month is Art Night – the studios stay open until 9pm.
- Thieves' Market, 6424 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ . First Sat of the month Oct-May, 9am-3pm. A monthly flea market where shoppers can find an eclectic mix of items, including second-hand goods and arts and crafts. $1 (entry fee).
- Big Earl's Greasy Eats, 6135 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Su-W 7am-10pm. A 50s style burger joint. On Friday nights, classic car enthusiasts can be found in the parking lot.
- Barro's Pizza, 6450 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ . Su-Th 10:30am-10pm, F-Sa 10:30pm-11pm. A popular pizza shop in Cave Creek. Customers can either eat in at the store or take out. Delivery is extra.
- El Encanto, 6248 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 11am-10pm, Su 9am-10pm. Fine Mexican dining in a romantic setting. Large duck pond and live classic guitar on the weekends.
- The Horny Toad, 6738 E Cave Creek Road, ☎ , e-mail: info@theHornyToad.com. Su-Th 11am-10pm, F-Sa 11am-11pm. Fried food and tourist kitsch.
- Cartwright's Sonoran Ranch House, 6710 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ . Daily 4:30pm=9:30pm. Fine dining in a southwest setting.
- Le Sans Souci Restaurant, 7030 E Bella Vista Dr, ☎ . Fine French dining. Come for dinner or the four course Sunday brunch.
- Tonto Bar and Grill, 5736 E Rancho Mañana Blvd, ☎ . Daily 11am-9pm. Next to the Rancho Mañana golf course. Casual gourmet version of Cartwrights.
- Binkley's, 6920 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ . T-Sa dinner. Classically influenced gourmet American cuisine.
- The Hideaway, 6746 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ . Daily 10am-2am (bar), 10am-10pm (kitchen). Famous biker bar. Look out for local Sonny Barger.
- Harold's Cave Creek Corral (Gavigan's), 6895 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ , fax: +1 480-488-9313, e-mail: email@example.com. Local cowboy bar/restaurant with a strong Steelers following. Live music and line dancing. Play poker with the locals and get a few tips on your stocks while you're at the table.
- Buffalo Chip Saloon & Steakhouse (The Chip), 6811 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ . Daily 10am-2:30am. Green Bay Packers/Cowboy bar. Live bull ridding on Thursday nights. Free dance lessons. Rival bar of Harold's Corral.
- Full Circle Ranch Bed and Breakfast, 40205 N 26th St, ☎ . $50-$240.
- Spur Cross Bed and Breakfast, 38555 N School House Rd, ☎ , e-mail: Carolyn@spurcrossbnb.com. $139-$250.
- Tumbleweed Hotel, 6333 E Cave Creek Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Family run hotel consisting of 16 rooms and eight Casita apartments. The only main street hotel in Cave Creek. Local hospitality since 1971. $79-$189.
- Cave Creek Park, 37019 N Lava Ln, ☎ , fax: +1 623-465-9284. Space for RVs and camping along with clean hot showers, trails, and a rodeo arena. Electric hook-ups available; reservations can be made online. $10-$35.
- Bartlet Lake, 20808 E Bartlett Rd. Carefee, AZ (20 miles east of Cave Creek).
- Lake Pleasant, 41835 N Castle Hot Springs Rd, Morristown (20 miles west of Cave Creek).
- The town of Carefree shares a main street with Cave Creek.
- Cave Creek is often associated with North Scottsdale_(Arizona)
- Tonto National Forest (Just north of Cave Creek).