- For other places with the same name, see Clearwater (disambiguation).
Perhaps most easily recognized as the headquarters city of the Church of Scientology, Clearwater also has miles of beautiful beaches and close proximity to other cities in the Tampa Bay area.
- Saint Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport (IATA: PIE, ICAO: KPIE),  is a joint civil-military airport and home to the largest and busiest U.S. Coast Guard Air Station in the United States. It has limited international services. The bulk of the domestic services are provided by Allegiant Air serving multiple destinations in the eastern half of the country.
Air Canada; Air Transat , (operated by CanJet) [commencing December 2011]; Allegiant Airlines ; American Airlines ; Delta Airlines; Frontier Airlines , (operated by Republic Airlines); JetBlue Airlines; Locair; SeaCoast Airlines; Spirit Airlines  ; Southwest Airlines ; SunWing Airlines ; and Vision Airlines .
Bus services are available. The most popular being the Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) and it even includes two express routes that travel to Tampa.
Amtrak connections are available. The station serving Clearwater can be found at 5251 110th Avenue North Pinellas Park Square, Suite 101, Clearwater, FL 33760 and it also serves the city of Saint Petersburg.
- Suncoast Beach Trolley For a nominal fee you can explore all of the unique beach communities from Clearwater Beach to Pass-A-Grille. Trolley does not stop in Kenneth City, Belleair Beach and Belleair Shore. The Suncoast Beach Trolley currently runs every 20 - 30 minutes from 5:05AM to 10:10PM, M-Su, including holidays, with service until midnight on Friday and Saturday. Look for special trolley bus stop signs located frequently along the route. In addition to the route along the beaches, connector routes run between the coast and downtown Saint Petersburg. All Trolleys are wheelchair accessible, and they have bike racks as well. A special permit may be required to use the bike rack, Check with the Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority for details and current pricing - Scheduling.
- Clearwater Beach, 1 Causeway Blvd. Clearwater, FL 33767. Clearwater Beach is one of the top rated beaches in Florida. Besides laying in the white sand and swimming in the clear water there are also many activities offered such as fishing, sail boat, kayak, and jet ski rentals, dolphin and sunset tours, parasailing and more. Alongside the beach there are also many restaurants and shops. It is a great family environment. There are always lifeguards and specially colored flags that mean certain alerts such as any rip currents of marine life such as stingrays present. Beach chairs, tents, strollers, ans wheelchair rentals are also available.
- After spending a long, hot day at the beach, why not head on down to Pier 60  for the nightly 'Sunsets at Pier 60' event. This event started back in 1995. Every night, lots of vendors and entertainers set up shop at Pier 60. It starts two hours before sunset, and ends two hours after the sun goes down. And then, for a few hours, lots and lots of people, tourists and locals, go on down and hang out at the Pier. There's tons of little souvenirs to buy, from candles to jewelry. Sometimes there is a booth set up where you can go get henna tattoos. There are also crazy entertainers putting on shows nightly. Every night, as well, there are live concerts held. All of this is free to attend, and very family friendly. And if you get tired of the crowds, head on down the water for a little relaxation. Pier 60 is one of the best places to see when visiting Clearwater Beach.
- Tampa Bay Segs. Offers the opportunity to see Clearwater Sand Key Park on a Segway® Human Transporter. Tours run daily.
- Ice skating is a popular activity in Clearwater, and a perfect way to escape the summer heat. Two well-known rinks are in the city: Sunblades Center and the rink in Westfield Countryside Mall.
- EagleRider Motorcycle Rentals (RENT-A-HARLEY), toll-free: . This is a great way to spend the day enjoying all that is offered in the beach communities.
- L-39 Albatross jet fighter flight. From St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium, 249 Windward Passage, Clearwater, FL 33767, ☎ . M-TH 9am-5pm, F and Sat 9am-7pm, Sun. 10am-5pm. The Clearwater Marine Aquarium has many exhibits featuring marine animals such as stingrays, nurse sharks, river otters, sea turtles and of course dolphins. Many of these animals are rescued animals that cannot be returned back in the wild and are housed and cared for by the staff and serve as a way to teach visitors about marine life. There are presentations at different times throughout the day for each animal exhibit. Visitors can not only see the animals through the open exhibits for these animals but they can also participate in encounters with some of the creatures. The aquarium offers interaction with stingrays and dolphins. The aquarium is also home to a dolphin named Winter who was rescued from a crab trap line and lost her tail as well as two vertebrate. Despite the odds she was rehabilitated and even given a prosthetic tail! Adults-$19.95, Children (Age 3-12)-$14.95, Seniors (Age 60 and up)-$17.95.
- Sand Key Park, 1060 Gulf Boulevard Clearwater, FL 33767, ☎ . Open daily 7am-Sunset. Calm and secluded, Sand Key Park consists of both a park and a beach. There is a playground for children and various nature trails for the whole family or even those just wanting to get a glimpse of the abundant wildlife. There is a boardwalk and even a dog park. On the beach there are lifeguards on a daily basis and one can rent umbrellas, cabanas and kayaks. Beach wheelchair rentals are also available. There are outdoors showers and bath houses also. Besides the beach there is also a salt marsh with benches to view the various waterfowl. There are also shelters and grills that can be reserved. Parking fee $5.
- Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training. During February and March each year, the Phillies prepare for the new season in Clearwater.
- Toronto Blue Jays Spring Training. During February and March each year, the Blue Jays prepare for the new season in nearby Dunedin.
- Minor League Baseball,  . Every year from April through Labor Day, the Clearwater Threshers and Dunedin Blue Jays play baseball.
- Westfield Countryside Mall, 27001 US Highway 19 North, Suite 1039 Clearwater, FL 33761, ☎ . The Westfield Countryside Mall has over 160 stores, over 20 places to eat and a movie theater. They also have a skating rink inside the mall and a WiFi lounge on the upper and lower floor.
- Saute Cafe, ☎ , fax: +1 (727)573-9436. 2325 Feathersound Square.
- Frenchie's. Great grouper.
- Codys for great ribs. Several locations in the area. One is on 19 just south of Tarpon Springs
- Fuji Yamas, 7570 Starkey Rd (Corner Park Blvd And Starkey Rd), ☎ . One of the best Sushi places around town, very inexpensive menu with great lunch specials and great staff that will have you coming back again and again. 7570 Starkey Rd in Seminole 727-320-8000 or visit http://www.fujiyamas.com for current menu. $$.
- Palm Pavilion Beachside Grill & Bar, 10 Bay Esplanade, Clearwater Beach, FL 33767, ☎ . This restaurant serves a wide variety of food including flatbreads, salads, wraps, burgers, steaks, and seafood. They also serve many drinks and have live music every night. It has a great view of the Gulf of Mexico and offers indoor and outdoor seating.
- Belleair Beach Club, 3200 N. Gulf Blvd. 1.888.828.6745
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort, 400 Mandalay Avenue. 33767, 727-461-3222 or 877-461-3222 The resort is located next to Pier 60 and across from the marina.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater Bayside, 3070 Gulf to Bay Boulevard, ☎ , fax: +1 727 724-3413.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater - Ulmerton Road, 4050 Ulmerton Road, ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM. Guest rooms and Suites. Meeting Space in Clearwater. Close to Clearwater/St.Petersburg Airport
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort, 715 South Gulfview Blvd, ☎ .
- Ramada Inn Clearwater, 2061 Golf to Bay Blvd, ☎ .
- Sandpearl Resort, 500 Mandalay Avenue, ☎ . Has spa, food, & on the beach.
- Sheraton Sand Key Resort, 1160 Gulf Boulevard. +1 727 595-1611 or 800-456-7263, Fax: +1 727 596-8488.
- TownePlace Suites Saint Petersburg Clearwater, 13200 49th Street North, ☎ , fax: +1 727 299-0926.
Tarpon Springs — North on 19. Greek town USA. Great Greek food and atmosphere... Try Hellas which is much less pricey then Pappas.
|Routes through Clearwater|
|St.Petersburg ←||W E||→ Tampa|
|Tallahassee ← Tarpon Springs ←||N S||→ Largo → St.Petersburg|
|END ←||W E||→ Tampa → Vero Beach|