Cleethorpes is a seaside resort in Lincolnshire, one of the eastern counties of England. It is situated at the mouth of the River Humber. Cleethorpes is physically adjoined to the neighbouring town of Grimsby.
Since it is adjoined to the town of Grimsby, you can get to Cleethorpes the same way (but allow around 10 minutes extra driving time)
Bus services are operated by Stagecoach Grimsby/Cleethorpes
- The Pier You can't miss it if you walk/drive down the seafront! Not much to see or do on it though.
- Pleasure Island is a theme park with a selection of rides and attractions. Prices for entry are £12.50 for adults and children and £8.50 for senior citizens. The under-fours can enter for free, although there may be fewer attractions aimed at this age group. 
- The Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway, ☎ . Is a narrow gauge steam railway running for about a mile between the Leisure Centre and the far end of the boating lake and is very popular with both railway enthusiasts and young children. 
- Cleethorpes Leisure Centre, ☎ . Provides facilities for sport and recreation. There is a large heated swimming pool, tennis, squash and badminton courts as well as a gym and fitness suite. 
- The Parkway Cinema, ☎ . Might be a useful diversion on rainy days. Also live shows all through summer. Big screens, sound and fully air conditioned. or book online at 
- Cleethorpes Discovery Centre, ☎ . Has an exhibition about the Humber Estuary and the local flora and fauna. There is an observatory providing excellent views over the estuary. 
- Cleethorpes Beach has been awarded a "Blue flag" for cleanliness. It can be crowded between the pier and leisure centre during the summer months, and especially on bank holiday weekends but as you move further towards the Humber Mouth Yacht Club it becomes more peaceful. The sand dunes alongside the boating lake and parts of the beach have been designated a nature reserve as this area is an important stop-off point for migratory birds. The tides on the beach come in fast, and go out a long way. The "sea" is very distant when the tide is all the way out, and the pier doesn't reach the water until that water has finally come in! Lots of mudflats. Be careful you don't get cut off by the incoming tides, there are lots of signs around to remind you of this. I can be kind of fun to watch the tide come in quickly. The Pier has suffered financial difficulties but may open in the near future.
- The Jungle Zoo (formerly Jungle World), criticised by council inspectors and animal protection groups because of welfare concerns. Kids may enjoy Floyd the Dragon - Cleethorpes mascot
- Kingsway & Winter Gardens - attractive greenspaces near the promenade
- Ross Castle - small Humber fort
- Meridian Park - Has small center and a multi-purpose entertainment venue. It hosted its first event organised by Solid Entertainments of Grimsby featuring The Zutons and The Proclaimers in August 2009 as part of the Cleethorpes Rocks Music Festival. It has had laser shows in the past. This is the last mainland place where the prime meridian runs north to the Arctic Circle.
- Annual Armed Forces Day Parades
- Cleethorpes Carnival Parade
- Cleethorpes Dance Festival
- Parkinsons Bazaar Toys, buckets and spades and other beach requirements such as wind breaks to lessen the effects of the North Sea breeze.
Along with the traditional British seaside fare of fish and chips, Cleethorpes is home to numerous Indian restaurants and pizzeria, most of which tend to be very reasonably priced. There are many shops and kiosks along the sea-front selling the ubiquitous seaside ice cream, rock and candy floss.
The Kebab House. A sit-down restaurant in the Market Place, by the side of the take-away of the same name. Unpretentious Turkish food (with chips of course) served by the friendliest waitresses in town.
- Willys Pub and Brewery, 17 High Cliff Road. Just across from Brighton slipway. Seafront bar with own microbrewery, has a large selection of ales and food. Close by to a good fish and chip shop.
Cleethorpes is home to many traditional 'bed and breakfast' guest houses. There are also numerous caravan parks.