Travellers with disabilities
Special testing and paperwork is required in Hawaii, the UK and Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Sweden, Norway, and Finland. In general, travel to island countries should be planned for well in advance when traveling with a dog guide. Most developing countries don't have laws permitting dog guides in public places.
- South African National Council for the Blind, 514 White Street, Bailey's Muckleneuk, Pretoria, ☎ +27 (0)12 452-3811, fax: +27 (0)12 346-4699, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South African Guide Dogs Association, 126 Wroxham Road, Rietfontein, Sandton, ☎ +27 (0)11 705-3512, fax: +27 (0)11 465-3858, e-mail: email@example.com.
- National Federation of the Blind, Baltimore, MD, +1 410 659-9314
- American Council of the Blind, Washington D.C., +1 202 467-5081
- Royal National Institute of the Blind, London, +44 20 7388 1266