Flandrau State Park
Flora and fauna
From the Twin Cities, take highway 169 south to highway 99. From 99 take highway 15 west to New Ulm. In New Ulm, follow Broadway (State Highway 15) to 10th Street South. Proceed west on 10th Street South up the hill to Summit Avenue. Then turn left heading south and proceed three blocks to the park entrance which will be on the right (west) side of Summit Avenue. Park entrance is right next to the New Ulm Country Club.
- Annual permit $25
- Second vehicle permit $18
- Minnesota handicapped annual permit (MN handicapped plates or certificate) $12
- Daily permit (Same rate for all vehicles.) $7
- Daily group permit (10 permit minimum, 24-hour notice. Check at park office for details.) $5
- Semi-modern site (with showers) $15/night
- Rustic site (no showers) $11/night
- Electric hookup (where available) add $4/night
- Water and sewer hookup add $4/night
- Backpack or canoe site $11/night
- Group camp (Call the state park reservation system to reserve group camp sites. A $45 non-refundable deposit is charged for all class III group camps. This fee is applied toward the first night's camping.) $45-$75/night or $3 per camper per night, whichever is greater
- Horse camp (where available) $15 add $4/night
- Campsite reservation fee (Fee per campsite reserved. Fee is nonrefundable) $8.50
- State forest campgrounds $11/night
- Special state park camping rates
For all visitors, the semi-modern campsite rate is reduced to a rustic rate during the off season when showers and flush toilet facilities are not available. Half-priced camping is available Sunday-Thursday for Minnesota residents with disabilities. This reduced rate applies to semi-modern and rustic rates only.
The park offers good road access to all camp sites. There are also several hiking trails that connect to all of the park facilities once you're there.
The park features a well-kept sand-bottom swimming pool replete with zero-depth access, on-duty life guard and a refreshments stand.
The park entrance is right in the city limits of New Ulm. There are several local shops and restaurants as well as a nearby grocery store and Target store.