From Portland, take Highway 26 west to the Hillsboro exit at Cornell Road, and follow the road signs to downtown Hillsboro. Cornell Road will change into 10th Avenue. At the intersection of Highway 8 and 10th Avenue, turn west onto Highway 8,and go west to the east end of the City of Forest Grove.
- Highway 47 intersects Highway 8.
Fishing Henry Hagg Lake
Take Highway 47 South for approximately 5.9 miles, until you arrive at the intersection of Highway 47 and Scoggins Valley Road. Turn right on Scoggins Valley Road, and head west. You will pass the Lakestop Store and arrive at the Fee Both. After the fee booth, the road leads to West Shore Road which takes you around the entire lake.
West Shore Road takes around the entire lake, giving fisherman many access points all around the lake for bank fishing. There is also a few designated fishing docks for people who don't want to search for a spot, although they fill up really fast. For boaters, there are a few boat launches to get your boat out on the lake. Half of the lake is a designated no-wake zone(under 5 mph) which is great for the trollers. Boating out on Henry Hagg is very popular, because many of the good spots are not accessible from the bank (not to take anything away from the bank fishing, there are some awesome spots!). Hot spots on the lake depend on the weather and temperature. In the morning over by the dam seems to hit a lot. When it gets to be later in the day and warmer, head to opposite of the dam where there are a lot of shady waters.
- Season Entry Pass: $50 - Season Boat Pass: $55 - Senior Citizen Pass: $35 - Daily Pass: $5
- Bliss in the grove (Bliss Hair Studio), 2406 Pacific Avenue Forest Grove, Oregon (Corner of Pacific Ave. and Elm), ☎ . Forest Grove's leading hair salon and spa, their prices fit the size of this historic town, but the expertise and service far exceed it. They are very active in the community where they just held a cut-a-thon to support the local school district and YMCA.
- Scotties Drive-In, 1702 Pacific Ave, Forest Grove, OR 97116 (Head out Pacific Ave (west) on left just past last street light), ☎ . Closed Sundays. Amazing amount of food, above average quality, and all for a phenomenal price. If you are in the mood for ice cream, chili dogs, tacos, or a custom to order burger, this is a must stop for locals and visitors! CHEAP.
- Dutch Brothers Coffee, 2406 Pacific Ave, Forest Grove, OR 97116 (On the Corner of Pacific and Elm), ☎ . For the best price for the best quality Dutch Brothers is where to go. They are located almost exactly in the middle of Forest Grove and offer happy hour specials, active in the community, and are the funnest coffee shop around. They offer coffee drinks, red bull infusions, smoothies, and tea.
- Best Western University Inn And Suites, 3933 Pacific Avenue, ☎ , fax: +1 503 992-8444.