The largest nearby airports are San Francisco International Airport (IATA: SFO) and Oakland (IATA: OAK). Horizon air recently resumed commercial airtravel from the Charles Shultz airport (IATA: STS) in Santa Rosa, with daily flights to Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland and Las Vegas. Driving there, most people use Highway 116.
Driving around Forestville is the easiest mode of transit. Traffic is rarely busy, and parking is abundant. A car will allow you to explore the mostly rural, but beautiful areas. One should take care along Pocket Canyon, and Maribel Rd though, as logging trucks are known for speeding around the very tight turns.
Although there are no designated bike lanes in the town, it remains one of the most popular modes of transit. As always, be aware of transit on the busier routes, and do not leave your bicycle attended outside unless locked up.
Walking is a great way to see the small town, visit the coffee house, and few local shops. Downtown can be walked from one end to the other in about fifteen minutes.
- Forestville Youth Park Parade, and Barbaque, 7045 Mirabel Rd, ☎ . June 5th and 6th. A weekend festival offering a parade with floats, barbeque at the park, along with rides and free music.
- Burke's Canoe Trips, 8600 River Rd, ☎ . Offering canoe and kayak rentals for trips up and down the Russian River.
- Berry's Market (just before the Hacienda Bridge on River Road). Makes good sandwiches for picnics on the beach.
- Mosaic Restaurant & Wine Lounge, 6675 Front St, ☎ . Small, intimate and very romantic, but also the best food I've had in years. Try Chef/Owner Tai Olesky's Tasting Menu; you won't be disappointed, just full!
- The Forestville Club. The only bar in town and has live music on the weekends.
- Farm House Inn, 7871 River Rd, ☎ . A range of rooms and cottages off of River Road. Price range $295 to $695.
- Case Ranch Inn Bed and Breakfast, 7446 Poplar Dr (off Mirabel Rd near downtown), ☎ 707-887-8711. Small Bread and Breakfast.