The main route that goes through the town is U.S. 101. Forks is about 77 miles west of Port Angeles.
Clallam Transit Route 14 runs eight to nine services every weekday between Port Angeles and Forks, but only four on Saturdays and none on Sundays. Weekday services leave between 5.20am and 5.00pm from Port Angeles, and Saturday services leave between 7.00am and 5.10pm. Return journeys leave Forks between 6.00am and 7.05pm weekdays, 8.40am and 6.45pm Saturdays. The journey takes approximately 80 min.
The town of Forks is compact and can be easily covered on foot. Clallam Transit Route 17 runs a loop around the town and its immediate area between 6.40am and 5.10pm on weekdays, and between 10.30am and 4.00pm on Saturdays.
Forks is the key setting of the Twilight series by the author Stephenie Meyer and houses several sites featured in the novels and films.
- Forks Chamber of Commerce, 1411 S Forks Ave (Outside Forks Airport), toll-free: . Summer: Mon-Sat 10.00am-5.00pm; Sun 11.00am-4.00pm. The tourist center to Forks, visitors can pick up guides here for lodging, shopping, activities and dining. There are logging tours each Wednesday at 9.00am that last three hours. Outside the Chamber of Commerce is a replica of "Bella's Truck" from Twilight. Free.
- Forks High School, 191 S Spartans Ave (At junction with C), ☎ . While not open to the public, the school is the setting for Bella and Edward's school in Twilight. The school sign was replicated for the movie and is popular with visitors for photos.
- Forks Community Hospital, 530 Bogachiel Way (At junction with 5th). The workplace of Edward Cullen's father in the Twilight series, there is a reserved spot in the parking lot for Dr Cullens.
- Forks City Police Department, 500 E Division St (At junction with Camas). This is the setting in Twilight for the workplace of Bella's father Charlie Swan.
- Cullen House (Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast), 654 E Division St (Just past Forks City Hall), ☎ . 10 AM - 4 PM. Similar to the written description offered by author Stephenie Meyer in her first "Twilight" book (page 321), the house is nearly "a hundred years old . . . painted a soft, faded white, three stories tall", with a "porch . . . wrapped around the first story". The public is welcome on the front porch for a free view of the note left by Esme. Inside photo opportunities of the graduation caps and Carlisle's Office are available for $3 per person.
- Rialto Beach, Racific Ocean wild beach (14 miles E on HWY 110 then Mora Rd).
- Second Beach, Pacific Ocean (E on 110, 12 miles). Fabulous 1 1/2 mile walk on a safe easy path through beautiful tall trees to Tealwhit Point. Breathtaking! Great beach, tide pools and driftwood. Mystical.
The town has many shops catering to fans of the Twilight series, with posters and memorabilia for sale.
- Dazzled by Twilight, 11 North Forks Ave (at junction with Division), ☎ . Located in the center of town, the shop is filled with Twilight-related merchandise. The store also runs Twilight tours for $39, at 8.30am, 11.30am, 3.00pm and 6.00pm. Tours last about three hours.
- Misty Valley Inn B and B, 194894 Highway 101 N, Forks, WA (2 miles north of Forks on HWY 101), ☎ . Check-in: 4:30-10:00pm, check-out: noon. The Inn, a modern 6000 square foot stone and cedar home, is nestled on a ridge in the rain forest overlooking the Sol Duc River Valley. Magnificent views of the Sol Duc Meadows, soaring eagles, elk, squirrels,chipmunks and many birds await the quests. Antique furniture and collectibles are set off by the hand rubbed natural woods, rock work and unusual lighting. The rosewood baby grand piano is tuned and ready to play.
Excellent personal service is provided each guest, including individualized wake-up and breakfast service times and a personally selected menu.
The Misty Valley Inn offers for distinctly different guestrooms – all with rain forest views, queen or king beds, custom linens and family antiques. All rooms have private baths.
The gardens feature 26 varieties of rhododendrons, 56 varieties of roses, 18 varieties of trees and numerous native plants accented with seasonal flowering perennials and annuals. The outdoor spa is next to the rose garden. Robes and slippers are in the rooms.
Morning begins quietly with a tap at the door and a bedside tray of freshly brewed imported coffee, teas, or hot chocolate at the time of your choosing.
Main breakfast is served in the formal dining room or on the double decks.
Homemade breads, pastries and fruit dishes await the guest at the dining table. Specialties include Washington apple soufflé, Irish Waffles with orange sauce, strawberry crepes, old fashion French toast, subtle Moroccan Omelets or blueberry or nut pancakes. Each quest receives a meal that has been hand tailored to the individual and personal favorites are readily served.
A dessert and beverage bar is available to guests in the afternoon into the evening.
Our goal is to provide a relaxed atmosphere where guests are immersed in magnificent views, excellent personal service and marvelous food.
Come join us in beautiful scenic Forks, Washington. AC,WiFi,Fax $95-$160.00.
- Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast, 654 East Division Street, Forks, WA 98331 (6 1/2 blocks east of Forks' only Hwy 101 stoplight), toll-free: . Check-in: 4:30-7:30, check-out: 11:00. Historic 1916 farm house with 8 guest rooms, all with private baths and TV/DVD's. Two rooms have gas fireplaces and whirlpool tubs. Children aged 7 and older are welcome in all rooms. The Orchard Suite (with small kitchen) will accommodate children under the age of 7 and pets. The Miller Tree Inn also plays the part of the Cullen House, from Stephenie Meyers' Twilight book series. However, it looks nothing like the Hollywood version, which is located in Portland, OR. Hearty breakfasts, soft drinks, cookies, wireless internet and parking are all included in the rates. $115-$235.
Visitors following the Twilight series usually combine their tours with a visit to La Push, the home of the Quileute Tribe in the stories. It is 14 miles west of Forks along Route 110, and is also accessible by Clallam Transit Route 15, which runs three daily services on weekdays (leaving Forks 7.20am, 11.05am and 3.35pm) and two on Saturdays (leaving Forks 9.20am and 4.50pm).
|Routes through Forks|
|Aberdeen ← Hoquiam ←||S E||→ Lake Crescent/Marymere Falls → Port Angeles|