Frigiliana is a mountain town in Andalucia, Spain. A white Andalucian village only 5 miles inland, the village itself is a labyrinth of charming narrow whitewashed streets with old Andalucian houses. Around the village are a series of tiled wall displays telling the story of the village during the Moorish occupation and the Reconquista (the expulsion of the moors from Spain).
By car: 40 minutes drive from Malaga International Airport. An infrequent bus service to and from Nerja.
You can hire a Taxi at Malaga Airport. The cost to Frigiliana is anything from €78 to 100 euros for the approximately 40 mile journey. A taxi to Nerja is about 6 euros.
The town is easy to walk around, allowing that it is built on a number of hills. Parking is easy off season in much of the town. There is also a car park.
- Check out the animatronic Moor and parrot near the market place, by the police station. From the overlooking balcony at Ctra Circunvalacion, there is an excellent view over countryside and Nerja to the sea.
Walk around town. Take photos. Go hiking in the surrounding Parque Natural de la Sierra de Tejeda y Almijara.
There is a market Thursdays near where the buses stop, Ctra Circunvalacion. There are numerous small shops spread throughout town. There is a post office at the coast end of Av de Andalucia if you buy post cards.
- Restaurante Romántica on San Sebastian Street - great food, beautiful terrace, superb wines.
- Al Fuente Restaurant, Calle Real. Fabulous Tapas. Very small Restaurant. Lovey atmosphere. Dutch owners.
- The Garden Restaurant. Cool and trendy. Fabulous views over the mountains and sea. Lovely!
A number of bars and cafes as well as shops which sell soft drinks. Locally produced Moscatel wine is also available.
- La Roca Rara, ☎ (bookings from UK)Office: (44)208 663 0552 Mobile: (44)79 3241 0725, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Luxury Spanish Villa for Rent. Designed in the style of the Alhambra. At the foot of the Sierra Almijara Mountains 5 minutes to Nerja or Frigiliana Village. Very private secluded estate, tennis court,heated pool, 7 bedrooms, 40 minutes from Malaga International airport.