- Odense Regional Capital of Fyn (Funen) island and Denmark's third largest city.
- Assens Coastal town
- Fåborg Coastal town
- Munkebo-Kerteminde Twin coastal towns, gateway to Kattegat Sea.
- Middelfart Coastal town by Lillebælt bridge to Jylland(Jutland)
- Nyborg Coastal town by Storebælt bridge to Sjælland )(Zealand)
- Svendborg Coastal town with a bridge to Tåsinge and Langeland islands and a ferry connection to Ærø
Funen is very much the island in the middle between Zealand and Jutland. Mockingly it is said that Funen only exists to carry the highway between Copenhagen and Aarhus, while the locals on the other hand claim to harbour the best traits of both Jutland and Copenhagen. Funen is a place for good life and is generally easy going. You can easily find good food at reasonable prices, and good humour is everywhere. Funen however has one unrivalled claim to fame: Odense, the main city on Funen, is the birthplace of world famous writer Hans Christian Andersen.