Grande Recife or Regiao Metropolitana do Recife is a metropolitan region in northeastern Brazil.
Grande Recife is comprised of the following cities:
- Recife, the capital city of Pernambuco
- Olinda, UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to Brazil's most authentic carnaval
- Paulista, home to Maria Farinha beach and Veneza Water Park
- Abreu e Lima
- Igarassu, home to Brazil's oldest church and Latin America's largest collection of baroque paintings
- Itapissuma, where part of the Atlantic Forest Biosphere Reserve is located, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Itamaracá Island, home to beautiful beaches, the Ducth Fort Orange, colonial Vila Velha, and Engenho São Joao
- Camaragibe, for a pleasant, bucolic escape (cooler microclimate)
- São Lourenço da Mata, home to one of Brazil's largest brazil-wood reserves
- Moreno, home to Engenho Moreno
- Jaboatão dos Guararapes, home to Piedade beach and the Monte Guararapes National Historic Park
- Cabo de Santo Agostinho, home to beautiful beaches and colonial fortifications
- Ipojuca, home to acclaimed Porto de Galinhas beach, voted the best beach in Brazil
Recife's Guararapes International Airport.