Hyatsville is just south of the East-West Highway (MD-410) on US-1 south of College Park and the Beltway (I-495), and just west of the B-W Pkwy (MD-295).
Hyattsville has stops on the Metro Green Line  at West Hyattsville and Prince George's Plaza.
The closest train stop is on the Marc Light Rail Camden Line at Riverdale.
Metrobus 81,83 passes right through Hyattsville on US-1 between College Park and D.C.
The Northeast Branch Trail and the Northwest Branch Trail (both along branches of the Anacostia River) meet in Hyattsville, allowing the cyclist access from other points in the Anacostia Tributary Trails System as far afield as Silver Spring and Greenbelt.
- Magruder Park, 4000 Hamilton St.
- Regal Royal Stadium 14, 6505 America Boulevard (University Town Center), ☎ . This new movie theater is usually uncrowded. $8-10.50.
Likely the main reason anyone finds themselves in Hyattsville is to go to the large Mall at Prince George's 3500 East-West Hwy, ☎ +1 301 559-8844, , which has large retailers like Target, JCPenney, and Macy's.
- Five Guys, 6451 America Blvd. (University Town Center), ☎ , fax: 301-209-0881.
- Franklin's, 5121 Baltimore Avenue, ☎ . A great little brewpub that has become a local institution.
- Outback Steakhouse, 3500 E. West Hwy. (The Mall at Prince Georges), ☎ . M-Th 4PM-10PM, F 4PM-11PM, Sa 3PM-11PM, Su 1PM-9PM. This solid but unexceptional chain eatery is usually packed, reflecting the lack of options in the immediate area.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill, 6450 America Blvd. (University Town Center), ☎ , fax: 301-985-1262. Above average quality Mexican fast food.
- Hank's Tavern & Eats, 6507 America Boulevard (University Town Center), ☎ . 11:30AM-9:30PM. This eatery is probably the most casual of D.C.-area superchef Geoff Tracy's establishments. Named after one of the twins he and NBC anchor Norah O'Donnell parent, Hank's offers trivia, beer and some pretty good happy hour deals. $7-$20.
The nearest hotels are either by the B-W Pkwy, or just north in College Park.
- Howard Johnson, 5811 Annapolis Rd, Cheverly, ☎ .
- Iron Castle Inn, 5451 Annapolis Rd, Bladensburg, ☎ .
|Routes through Hyattsville|
|Washington, D.C. ← Brentwood ←||S N||→ College Park → Baltimore|
|Washington, D.C. ←||W E||→ New Carrollton → Annapolis|
|Greenbelt ← College Park ←||N S||→ Northeast → East End|