Iloilo International Airport (IATA: ILO) serves both the city of Iloilo as well as the province of Iloilo. It receives flights from Cebu City, Davao City, Manila, Puerto Princesa, Cagayan de Oro, General Santos, Singapore, Hong Kong. airlines that use Iloilo airport are: Philippines airlines and Cebu Pacific.
Pumpboats are used for traversing the waters between Guimaras Island and Iloilo city.
The larger ferries are usually for Iloilo to Manila trips although there are ferries that will transport people and vehicles from Iloilo to certain islands.
Cokaliong Shipping lines, Trans Asia shipping lines, Sail to and from Cebu City six times a week.
three ferry lines sail from Iloilo to Bacolod many times every day. Ocean Jet. from p530 return, Weesam Express. from p250 per way, 2GO Travel. from p280 per way.
Milagrosa shipping lines, Montenegro shipping lines Sail to Cuyo and Puerto Princesa twice per week.
2GO Travel Sail to Manila 2 or 3 times a week.
There are Buses heading north from Tagbak Bus Terminal to Roxas, Kalibo, Caticlan; also east to San Jose.
Fast vans also run between Iloilo and Caticlan taking 5 hours.
White cars with the obvious Taxi sign on top. The best service are often offered by Light of Glory or GDR taxi. They drive fast but as relatively safe as possible.
Dubbed the Unofficial national transport system, it's an automobile, with some resemblance to a Jeep vehicle, that has a long leather bench for people to sit on down the length of each side. It's everywhere in the city and each jeepney has a set route to follow. Don't take this if you're in a great hurry as the drivers can sometimes decide to wait in the loading areas for 5–10 minutes.
- or Tri-Cycles: Cycles mean motor bike while sikad means a manual bike. It's the method of transportation for small, tight roads in barangays and the outskirts of the city. It can be more expensive than the Jeepneys.
There's nothing much of interest for tourists in and around Iloilo. Some run down churches and Spanish era graveyards at most. The church in Miagao has a nice façade, but it's not worth the half day trip back and forth. Beaches that are closest to the city are not so nice. It's usually dirty and very few people bathe there any more. There are good beaches but these are found far from the Metro. Popular ones are usually in Guimbal. Other places around Panay do have decent beaches, and most tourists that come to Iloilo are on their way to Boracay, one of the most popular beaches/islands in the whole of the Philippines.
Visit the Dinagyang festival at the end of January.
- El Dorado Waterpark, Glicerio T. Pison Avenue, Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao, Iloilo City (Smallville), ☎ . 08:00-22:00. Cool down. Escape. Relax in El Dorado water park as you experience "Quality Fun Time" with your special loved one, grandiose family or relatives. Chill or simply unwind by the pools that are designed for both kids and adults. You can bring along food and beverages that will give a feast mood for each and everyone.
- Dinagyang Festival: 25 January 2015 . A spectacular festival in honor of the Sto. Nino, also one of the most popular festivals in the Philippines, streets are filled up with people as dancers dance and as music plays, colors and sound of the festival brighten up the atmosphere.
There are a lot of malls in the city:
SM City & Departments Stores, Atrium, Robinson’s, MaryMart Mall, Iloilo Supermarts, Time Square & others.
- Gaisano capital, J C Zulueta St, ☎ 338-1065. 9AM-9PM. there is also Gaisano city Iloilo on Luna street Lapaz.
Good Restaurants in Smallville: Pirate's bar which has a wrecked ship attached to its façade as a design. It's a bit dim inside but it adds to the relaxed atmosphere. They also have a dance club beside the main building. The club has laser lights and great speakers, just be aware that it can get quite congested with cigarette smoke. Annex is for those who love to karaoke.
For local delicacies, you can try the famous biscocho from the aptly names Original Biscocho Haus. There are several branches and stalls around the city, but the main branch is near the Jaro Plaza.
Krua Thai also has some tasty foods. Almost everything on the menu is good and it's a refreshing break from the typical Ilonggo cuisine. A little bit further is Boardwalk which has a few of restaurants. Notably is Paprika where there is almost always a live band performing. They have a selection of sea foods.The B Place is a bar with a relaxing view of the river as well as the cool breeze moving through the place. The food is again typical of bars in this area.
Beside Smallville is Uncle Tom's which have excellent Spareribs, Steaks, Fried Chicken, Baby Backribs and the best of all: Ox Tongue. Their gravy is very tasty and the you can tell that the chicken was well marinated and seasoned. Along the highway you can find Dos Maria's where they serve pizzas that are big; having a diameter of around 20 or more inches. Though the pizza is big the taste is generic and really unsatisfying. The German Bavaria restaurant,has been in operation for 13 years and has become a popular spot for families and get-togethers. Taste Germany in the center of Iloilo City. For those that live in Iloilo or are visiting, come get a sense of what it's like to eat in Bavaria! We offer an array of Sausages, Mouth watering "Schweinshaxen" and of course don't forget about our German Weizen and Pils beers imported from Germany. Great food and the Old World charm are always happening at Bavaria. Bavaria Restaurant – the Best of the Old World, right here in Iloilo. Guten Appetit! close to Jaro plaza, serves real German Weizenbeer and European sauasages. Afriques is an Italian themed restaurant with a touch of Ilonggo flavor. They serve a variety of pizza and pasta-type dishes, most of which are extremely delicious. The pizza is tasty but it's crust can be better. Most of the dishes are served in generous portions especially the sauces. They have two locations: one near Plaza Libertad, General Hughes street and the other beside of Hotel del Rio. Ted's Batchoy is arguably the best Batchoy shop in iloilo. Batchoy is a mix of noodles and pork Chicharon along with some spices and a tasty broth. It's very good and filling espcially if you're very hungry. It's one of Iloilo's native dishes.
- Bavaria Restaurant (Typical German Restaurant), 113 Seminario Street Jaro, Iloilo City (Located near the Jaro Plaza), ☎ (63 33) 3290078. 7:30AM-12:30AM. Herzlich Wilkommen!
Bavaria restaurant has been in operation for 13 years and has become a popular spot for families and get-togethers. Taste Germany in the center of Iloilo City. For those that live in Iloilo or are visiting, come get a sense of what it's like to eat in Bavaria! We offer an array of Sausages, Mouth watering "Schweinshaxen" and of course don't forget about our German Weizen and Pils beers imported from Germany. Great food and the Old World charm are always happening at Bavaria. Bavaria Restaurant – the Best of the Old World, right here in Iloilo. Guten Appetit! $2-$20.
There are a number of Karaoke, Beerhouses and Strip Clubs in the city. However, these tend to be unsafe for tourists. The safest and cleanest venues to enjoy the city's night life are found in Smallville. There are different bars and restaurants with a wide menu and good drinks to choose from. It's near SM City Mall in Mandurriao.
- MO2 Ice Bar, Glicerio T. Pison Ave, Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao (Smallville Complex), ☎ . 18:00-late. Billiard hall. Mo2 Ice has dancing and grooving to the speckle of laser lights. Accommodates a variety of music genres. The MO2 annex has a number of family KTV rooms. They have two types of karaoke rooms: the smaller can seat around 2-6 people while the big room can seat 10-15 people withcomfortable couches, good food especially the appetizer when you tie it with the local beer and a vast collection of songs to choose from. Beside The Annex is M02. Arguably, the bar that launched Smallville. They have drinks and food. Local beer is good while the food is typical of bar food.
- Northview Inn, Cnr MacArthur Drive (National Rd) and 8th St, Balantang Jaro (East side of the Hwy to Zarraga, about 5 km out from the centre of Iloilo City) ☎ +63 33 503-2282, +63 917 500 7242 firstname.lastname@example.org A new B&B style of lodgings where the owners have taken a lot of care in selecting furniture, fixtures and fittings. Very clean but a shared shower room/WC with hot water. Rooms are large and nicely furnished. Free (intermittent) Wi-Fi. Excellent value at ₱450 sgl, ₱650 dbl air-con.
- Anhawan Beach Resort & Spa, J.C. Zuleta St, Poblacion South, Oton, ☎ 6333 336-2246.
- Century 21 Hotel (Century 21 Hotel), Quezon St, ☎ (+63)(33) 335-8821.
- Days Hotel Iloilo, 4F The Atrium Mall Gen Luna St (at the heart of the city), ☎ . Also offers restaurant wellness spa and gym.
- DB's Hometel. A beautiful new modern hometel set in the heart of Jaro.
- Eon Centennial Plaza Hotel, Jalandoni St, ☎ (033) 337-2277, e-mail: email@example.com. All 46 accommodations are fully air-conditioned and have private toilet and bath with shower and tub, cable television, and mini-bar. They’re also furnished with a coffee/ tea maker, hair dryer, and daily newspaper. Rates start at USD $35.11.
- Eros Tavellers Pensionne., General Luna Street. (opposite St pauls Hospital.), ☎ 3371359. Small a/c double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. php550.
- Family Pension House., General Luna Street., ☎ 3350070. Fan rooms with own bathroom. from php400/night.
- Fourseason Hotel, Delgado-Fuentes St. Iloilo city. Reasonable price and lot of comfort
- Highway 21 Hotel (Highway 21 Hotel), General Luna Street, Iloilo City, ☎ (+63)(33) 335-1839. php875/1100/1400.
- Iloilo Business Hotel, Smallville Business Center. Starts at Php 2,100.00.
- Iloilo City Inn (Bavaria Inn), 113 Seminario Street Jaro, Iloilo City (Near Jaro Plaza), ☎ (63-33)3290078, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Ioilo City Inn is located in the heart of the historical and cultural district of Jaro and a few minutes ride to downtown Iloilo City, it has 13 airconditioned rooms with Cable TV, Internet access and hot and cold showers. The German Restaurant "Bavaria" is located at the ground floor $17.
- MO2 Westown Hotel Iloilo, Glicerio T. Pison Ave, Benigno Aquino Drive, Mandurriao Iloilo City (Smallville Iloilo), ☎ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12:00 NN. Also includes MO2 Restobar, which provides outdoor dining, drinks, and live music. P 1,800.00.
- Ongbun Pension House, Ledesma cor. Quezon St. clean fan rooms with out side bathrooms. a/c double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. from php150/385.
- Smallville 21 Hotel, Smallville Commercial Complex, Diversion Rd, ☎ (63)(33) 501-6821. Located in the dining and entertainment center of Iloilo, Smallville 21 Hotel opened in 2010 and has 60 rooms with free wireless internet.
- Madia-as hotel, Aldeguer St, ☎ 3372756. fan singe room with bathroom. fan double room with own bathroom. a/c double room with own bathroom. php500/550/650.
- Sarabia charter pension house (back of the sarabia manor hotel complex), ☎ 508-1853. a/c single rooms with own hot water bathrooms and a/c double rooms with own hot water bathrooms. php500/700.
- Budget inn, castilla el 98 jaro, ☎ 033-320-6660. a/c single rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. a/c double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. wifi at lobby. php600/700.
- Valeria hotel., 35 valeria extension., ☎ 033-337-7866. a/c single rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. a/c double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. has free wifi. php600/700.
- River Queen Hotel, Bonifacio Dr, ☎ 338-1021. fan rooms with own bathrooms. php500.