Intipuca Beach is in El Salvador, where the river joins the ocean is hugely popular for stand up paddleboarding.
The Pan-American highway travels through El Salvador and is a safe route for entering the country and travelling between San Miguel in the East and San Salvador in the West
From San Miguel bus terminal there are regular one hour bus rides to El Cuco where you can get a taxi to Playa El Esteron and Intipuca Beach
- El Cuco is a quintessential beach with dark sands, lined with vendor huts and seafood restaurants and shaggy palms
- Playa Las Flores is next to El Cuco and is regarded as one of the best surf spots in all of El salvador
- Playa El Esteron is located on the other side of El Cuco and is one of the most beautiful and secluded beaches in all of El Salvador
- Surfing in Playa Las Flores, one of the best surf spots in El Salvador
- Stand Up Paddleboarding at the famous Intipuca Beach
- Boat trips around the islands
- Water skiing, Tubing, Wake boarding, Para sailing, Jet skiing in Playa El Esteron, one of the most beautiful beaches in El Salvador
- Kayaking through the mangroves
- Volcano hiking up Chaparrastique - One of the most active volcanoes in El Salvador
- Waterfalls and hot springs
- Nature hikes and lake tours to Isla de Olomega on Lake Olomega
You can find the best sea food in central america fresh from the coast of El Salvador at Intipuca Beach
Intipuca Beach is home to the first microbrewery in El Salvador and offers an array of hand-craft beers by the beach. You can also find several bars and liquor stores in El Cuco or for party-nightlife you can head to Ave. Roosevelt in San Miguel which has numerous bars and clubs open until the early hours of the morning and is also hosts to the biggest carnival in Central America in November.
see San Miguel
- Playa El Esteron
- Playa Las Flores
- El Cuco
- There are regular busses that leave El Cuco for San Miguel bus station where you can catch a connecting bus to many other destinations inside or outside the country.
- Some hotels offer a shuttle service to San Miguel or other destinations inside the country.
- La Tortuga Verde offers transport between El Salvador and Nicaragua (skipping Honduras) by private boat $200 for up to 20 people.