Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > Scotland > Scottish Highlands > Argyll and Bute > Inveraray
- Citylink buses from Glasgow to Oban and Campbeltown stop on the sea front about 3 times per day. Buses stop here for about 15 to 30 minutes to give their passengers a break.
The Town can easily be explored on foot, but a car or bike is useful for sightseeing out of the Town.
- Inveraray Castle. Open April - October. Admission £6.80.
- Inveraray Jail, PA32 8TX, ☎ . Open all year. Admission £7.25.
- Maritime Museum, ☎ . Open April - September. See aboard The Arctic Penguin, which is berthed at the pier. Admission £3.80.
- Auchindrain Museum By Inveraray, PA32 8XN, +44 1499 500235. A recreation of a township, about 6 miles South of Inveraray. Open April - October. Admission £4.50.
- Crarae Gardens, Minard, Inveraray, Argyll, PA32 8YA. 10 miles South of Inveraray.
- Cruachan Visitor Centre, Dalmally, Argyll PA33 1AN, ☎ . Go inside a mountain to see a hydro-electric power station.
- Inveraray Highland Games, July 21, 2009
- Connect Music Festival, Inveraray Castle grounds
- Argyll Adventure, Inveraray PA32 8XT (2 miles south of Inveraray on A83), ☎ . Horse riding, pony rides, paintball, paintball range, bungee trampolines, climbing walls, laser pulse arena and laser clay pigeon shooting. Open seven days weeks from 10AM Easter till end of Oct. Reservations required for horse riding.
There is a small selection of independent shops on the main street.
- Loch Fyne Oyster Bar
- Takeaways on the main street
- George Hotel, Main Street Inveraray, ☎ . The George has always had an enviable reputation for ambience, friendliness and its cuisine. With its original solid stone flagstoned floors and four roaring log and peat fires, the George is a lively haunt for both local characters and visitors alike with a wide choice of real ales, 100 malt whiskies and an extensive wine list. It deservedly earns its place in the good pub guide and the good beer guide. Located at the top of Main St
- Loch Fyne Hotel, Inveraray, Argyll, PA32 8XT, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. The hotel offers restaurant, leisure and spa facilities.
- Inveraray Youth Hostel, Dalmally Road, PA32 8XD, ☎ . 28 bed SYHA hostel, with beds costing around £9-15 per night.
- Argyll Hotel, Front Street, Inveraray, PA32 8XB, ☎ . Fabulous rooms overlooking Loch Fyne, costing £39 - 79 per person.