Irrawaddy or Ayeyarwady is a region of Myanmar covering the Ayeyarwady River (Irrawaddy River) delta.
- Yangon (Rangoon) was the capital of Myanmar until it was superseded by Naypyidaw in November 2005
- Bago (Pegu) - uncountable Buddhist temples
- Pathein (Bassein) - the capital of Ayeyarwady Division
- Thanlyin - historical port town close to Yangon.
- Twante - delta town famous for its pottery.
- Chaung Tha
- Ngwe Saung
- Taukkyan - the site of the war cemetery with the graves of more than 6,000 Allied soldiers who perished in Burma during WWII.
Ayeyarwady Region is served by Pathein Airport.
- Cape Negrais: this headland west of the Irrawaddy Delta is a landmark with scenic beaches and grand cliffs.