Isalo National Park
The park is known for its wide variety of terrain, including sandstone formations, deep canyons, palm-lined oases, and grassland. The closest town is Ranohira, and the closest city is Toliara. A local guide is required for visitors entering the park, and guides and porters can be hired in Ranohira. Treks in the park can last from several hours to a week or longer.
Flora and fauna
- Piscines noire et bleue - Cascade 32000 Ar
- Crête - Piscine naturelle 36000 Ar
- Piscine naturelle - Cascade 45000 Ar
- Canyon des Makis - Cascade 50000 Ar
- Canyon des Makis - Piscine naturelle 55000 Ar
- Cascade - Piscines noire et bleue - Piscine naturelle 77000 Ar
- Cascade - Piscines noire et bleue - Piscine naturelle - Crête 113000 Ar
- Fenetre. Fenetre, meaning window, is a natural arch and popular sunset spot. You don't need to pay the park entrance or guide to visit this site. Of course, hiring a car with a guide is the easiest way to visit, 40,000Ar round trip. Travel is also possible by taxi brousse. Look for the small sign on the right, just past the RN7 Sakaraha 93km marker and across from Hotel La Palme. Follow the signs 800m to the site. Fenetre gets crowded with tourists starting 30 minutes before sunset, so finding a ride back should not be a problem.
- Chez Alice. Bungalows start at 22,000Ar as of 11/2014.