Island Peak Trek
- This article is an itinerary.
The trek to Island Peak initially follows the main Everest Base Camp Trek route, but separates at Dingboche. It can be made as a circular trek that takes in some of the Himalaya's most spectacular scenery. The climb to the top of the peak is moderately easy (by Himalayan standards), but a guide and porters are essential.
Get in 
- A climbing permit currently costs $350 USD per up to four tourists, as this summit is considered a "Group B" NMA Peak.
- Chukhung - located just below (three hours walk to the west of) Island Peak.
- Dingboche - located two further hours west of Chukhung.
- Dzongla - a small hamlet between Gokyo and Chukhung.
Suggested route - outward via Phortse and Gokyo, return via Pangboche and Tengboche.
- Chukhung - Panorama Lodge - great sun room with views over the valleys and mountains beyond, and the facilities are exceptionally clean and well-maintained -- a very special recommendation here.
- Dingboche - Island Peak View Lodge
- Dzongla - The Himalayan View Lodge -- a simple but clean and friendly place to spend the night.
- Island Peak Base Camp at 5000m.