Jalandhar is a city in Punjab, India.
Travel options from Delhi include train and road travel. Jalandhar is well connected by trains, including a Shatabdi train from Delhi to Amritsar via Jalandhar which runs twice a day with air-conditioned chair car coaches. Jammu Mail, among others, runs in the night from Delhi to Jalandhar.
Apart from trains, Jalandhar is easy accessible by buses plying from all over the North India. There are many interstate buses connecting Jalandhar to the major towns of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana, Delhi and Rajasthan.
Jalandhar is well connected to all the major cities in Punjab by Public and Private buses. There are private buses connecting Jalandhar to the towns in other states but generally they don't have the legal permits and took much time as compared to state owned buses. However, these can be comfortable as compared to state buses depending upon the bus operator. There are air conditioned buses also which generally have valid permits.
There is no airport in Jalandhar but the nearest airport is in Amritsar at a distance of 100 km (90 mins). There are many airlines operating from Amritsar airport connecting it to Europe, North Ameica and Middle east. However the transport system connecting Airport to Jalandhar is poor, so it is advisable to book a taxi before you arrive.
- Rickshaw (pedicab)
- City cab(taxi)
- Devi Talab Mandir
- Nikku Park
- Science City
- Bowling - Prithvi's Planet
- Water rides - Wonderland
Jalandhar is India's foremost producer of sports goods. Its traditional Clothes (salwar suits, sarees etc.) , Punjabi Jutis (Slippers) and jewels are also very famous. There are lot of local jewelers for non-branded jewelery at Phoolan Waala Chowk while branded jewelery are located at Model Town market
- Sheikhan bazaar.
- Jai Krishna Jewellers (Nakshatra Diamond Dealer), Prakash Nagar Road,.
- Tanishq, 410R, Model Town Market, ☎ .
- Bombay Jewellers, Model Town Road (Adj. Hotel Skylark), ☎ . 11AM-7PM. Gold and diamond jewellery.
Jalandhar offers a variety of delicious authentic Punjabi food. Some of the "must-eat" dishes:
- Makki di roti and sarson da saag
- Channa Bhatura
- Aloo ka paratha
- Vijay Dhaba. This is one of the famous dhabas known for fresh food (like home-cooked) and affordable prices. "Shahi Paneer" and "Kheer" is definitely a must try.
- Manni Dhaba.
- Havelli. One of the best places to eat typical Punjabi food. It hosts variety of snack stalls as well.
- Rangla Punjab. The Punjabi village setting makes it one of the favorite places of everyone who visits this city. It models village houses, wells etc. It offers buffet in a typical Punjabi village home setting. The hospitality offered here reflects the open and loving hearts of Punjabi people. One can get tired of eating but the food will not stop coming. It also hosts a number of shops where you can buy the Punjabi jutis (slippers), clothes, bangles etc. On weekends, cultural performances by singers and dancing groups is offered. Definitely a "must" visit place.
- Heat 7, H.0.569-570 NEW JAWAHAR NAGAR MARKET (Near GTB Market), ☎ +91-181-2233227 Mobile: +91-97815-73700. Indian, Punjabi, Chinese and other dishes
- Prithvi's Planet, Guru Teg Bahadur Nagar, ☎ +91 181 501 2167 - +91 181 501 0026. A family recreation (1 fast food, 1 restaurant, pool table and six lane bowling alley)
- Headquarters, New Jawahar Nagar.
- South Indian Dosa, Islam Ganj. This item is yet to be checked
- Sagar Ratna, ☎ . 10:00 am – 11:00 pm.
- Puris Chana and halwa katlamba (at Jaggu Chowk).
- Pahadganj chana bhature.
- Kulfi at Pahwa.
- Chana kulcha at Dina nath (opposite DAV college).
- Lovely Sweets.
- Sekhon Grand.
- Lily Resorts.
- Billa Kulfi corner (Kulfi and faluda rabri), Attari bazar & adarsh chopati, ☎ . This is one of the famous kulfi corners known for kulfi and faluda rabri and affordable prices. "Milk badam" and "kesar milk" are also delicious there.
- F Bar.
- Glassy Junction.
- O2 Disco.
- Terminal 37.
- Hotel Classic , Football Chowk
- Hotel Radisson, BMC Chowk
- Hotel Country Inn, GT Road
- Amar Guesthouse
- Hotel Park Lane, Mahavir Marg