Costa Allegre - Pacific Coastal region between Barra de Navidad & Puerto Vallarta.
- Guadalajara — large state capital
- Ajijic — town on Lake Chapala
- Barra de Navidad — beach town in southern Jalisco
- Chapala — town on Lake Chapala
- La Manzanilla — beach town in southern Jalisco
- Puerto Vallarta — popular beach resort
- San Patricio - Melaque — beach town in southern Jalisco
- Tequila — Mexico's most famous small town
- Tomatlán - Beautiful agricultural town with a historic town square
Spanish is the main language spoken although English speakers can be found with little effort. Many locals understand a few English words but can not converse in English with you. If you do not speak Spanish, be patient as the locals will make every effort to understand you.
Regional bus system runs seven days per week, fares are inexpensive (pesos only), and buses are reliable. Most stop frequently. Most bus drivers speak only Spanish but will understand if you know the name of the city you want to stop. Most first class buses are air conditioned. Look for blue bus signs on major roads. The drivers will stop for you.
Taxis are abundant in most cities, big or small. Fares can vary. It helps to settle on a fare before getting in the cab.