Hunedoara County is a county in Transylvania.
- Hunedoara - mostly known for the Hunyad Castle
- Călan - industrial town during the communist rule, now mostly dead as the factories shut down. Two ancient medieval churches worth visiting are nearby.
- Hațeg - close to the bizzare St. Nicholas church of Densuș and to Ulpia Traia Sarmizegetusa - the capital of Dacia under Roman rule
- Petroșani - famous for the coal mines in the past, but plagued by unemployment since the mines closed after 1989. It is now mostly a gateway to the nearby mountains
- Orăștie - ancient city with a strategic position throughout history
- Râu de Mori
- Retezat National Park - one of Romanias most beautiful.
- Sarmizegetusa Regia - was the capital and the most important military, religious and political centre of the Dacian empire. It is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site, together with the Dacian fortresses of Costești-Cetățuie, Costești-Blidaru, Piatra Roșie, Bănița and Căpâlna
- Bucura Lake (Lacul Bucura). The biggest glacier lake in Romania. It is located in the Retezat Mountains.
- Zănoaga Mare Lake (Lacul Zănoaga Mare).