Johnson City (Texas)
North America > United States of America > Texas > Hill Country > Central Hill Country > Johnson City (Texas)
Johnson City is located on the intersection of US Highway 290 and US Highway 281. Johnson City is about 48 miles west of Austin and about 64 miles north of San Antonio.
- Exotic Resort Zoo. 4 miles north of town on Texas Highway 16. 137-acres park offering guided safari tours to see over 80 species of exotic animals including giraffes, gazelles, kangaroos and zebras.
- Lyndon B. Johnson National Park (Johnson City), 100 Lady Bird Lane, ☎ .
- Pedernales Falls State Park, 2585 Park Road 6026, ☎ .
- Reimer's Ranch Reserve. 7 days a week, sunrise to sunset.
- The Hill Country Inn, 203 South Highway 281, ☎ .
- Pedernales Falls State Natural Area
- Stonewall about 15 minutes east of Fredericksburg.
- San Antonio
- New Braunfels
- San Marcos
- Hill Country a more general overiew of the area, most destinations are an easy day trip.
|Routes through Johnson City|
|Wichita Falls ← Burnet ←||N S||→ Blanco → San Antonio|
|El Paso ← Stonewall ←||W E||→ Dripping Springs → Austin|