The town is a popular starting/ending point for treks along the Kali Gandaki River valley as well as up to Muktinath on the Jomsom-Muktinath Trek. Both the treks can be done as part of the Annapurna Circuit.
Jomson has daily flight connections with Pokhara although cloud cover at Pokhara or Jomson and high winds particularly at Jomson might cause delays or cancelations. Airlines covering the area include: Tara Airlines, Nepal Airlines and Agni Air
Jomsom now has a tenuous road connection with Beni and onwards to Pokhara. The road is prone to landslides and flooding particularly during the monsoon.
With the new road from Beni Jomson Has now become the terminus of the Annapurna circuit and a large number of trekkers come from Manang via the Thorung-La
Jomson is a compact little town.
Jomsom beautiful small town situated at 2800 m at Kaligandaki River Valley and lap of Mt Dhaulagiri and mt nilgri.Tibetan culture and beautiful landscapes iots feature
Jomson has few attractions of its own but is a gateway for treks to Muktinath and Lo-Mantang as well as a common end point for treks from Manang. Jomson used to be the half way point on the Annapurna circuit but with the road construction it has now effectively become it's terminus.
There are a number of shops selling handicrafts as well as all the items trekkers normally would want from chocolate bars to trekking poles. One of the more unusual items commonly for sale are fossilised saligrams that are found in this area attesting to the fact that this was the sea bottom once!
All hotels have attached restaurants with remarkably comprehensive menus and as the food tends to subsidise the room cost you are expected to eat in your hotel or they will increase the room rate!
The following hotels are all on the tourist strip near the airport.
- Jomsom Mountain Resort, Contact usP.O. Box : 3488 Nagpokhari, Kathmandu, Nepal. (20 Minutes of walk form the airport), ☎ 4110394, e-mail: , 4419690 , firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,.
- Hotel Airport-Inn. nice hotel
- Hotel Alka Marco Polo, Jomsom (Opposite of Airport), ☎ 00977-9849202086. Check-in: 5AM, check-out: 9PM. Established in 1972. Has internet.
- The Dancing Yak Lodge. A fun little place near the airport. Great momos. Go for it!
- Hotel Dreamland.
- Hotel Himalayan-Inn.
- Hotel Holiday Home.
- Krishnu Guest House, bangalore. Check-in: 01052009, check-out: 01052009. tarif
- Hotel Laligurans.
- Hotel Majesty. Basically Indians guest stay here.
- Hotel Mona Lisa.
- Moonlight Guesthouse. If you wish to charter Helicopter contact this hotel.
- Hotel Mountain Breeze.
- Hotel Mountain view.
- Neeru Guest House (Opposite to Alka Marcopolo). Mrs. Soni will serve nice food
- Hotel Nilgiri View.
- OM's Home. Very comfortable hotel. Very good restaurant with a perfect view to Nilgiri. Superb staff and you often will meet interesting people staying for short or some times even longer terms.
- Hotel Snowland.
- Hotel Tilicho (30 sec away from airport), ☎ 069-440004. Hygenic and clean rooms with an amazing view of mountains and airport. Serves delicious food of your choice along with free WI-FI affordable.
- Hotel Trekkers-Inn, Near Jomsom Airport, ☎ 069440146. Just a minute walk from Jomsom Airport. Hotel Trekkers Inn provide the best customer service, delivious food, luxury room at the most competitive price. Providing customers with additional services like airlines ticketing,Money Exchange and trekking guides. NRP 350.
- Hotel Xanadu, jomsom (near the airport), ☎ 069-440060. Check-in: 5AM, check-out: 9PM. one of the best hotel in jomsom. where people enjoy the food. Mr. Chandra Mohan Gauchan is owner who also is staff G.S.A. of Agni Air. 100-500.
Opposite the second suspension bridge when you are going from the airport towards Muktinath are two more possibilities for accommodation.
- Annapurna Guesthouse.
- Thak-Khola Lodge. Apparently Jimmy Hendrix once stayed here.
Hotel Paradise : with Wi-fi internet connection.
The temple complex of Muktinath sacred to both Buddhist and Hindus for it's combination of Earth, water and Fire is a days walk or about an hour by jeep away.