Kidapawan is the capital city of Cotabato Province with a rapidly growing population of more than 130,000.
It's probably the best jumping off point if you wish to climb Mount Apo, the Philippine's highest mountain. Kidapawan city tourism council. phone 064-278-3344. has a office in the plaza near City hall.
Cebuano is the dominant language spoken in Kidapawan. Other settlers speak Hiligaynon, Ilocano and Magindanao. Most of the people can also speak Tagalog (Filipino) and English.
The nearest airport is in Davao City, and you can buy tickets for Philippines Airlines or Cebu Pacific airlines from an agent at the Gaisano Grand Mall from 10:00-19:00.
- From Davao City via Digos every hour with Weena bus company.
- From Cotabato via Matalam with Weena bus company.
- From Valencia to Matalam with Rural transit.
- From Cagayan de Oro to Matalam with Rural transit.
Tacurong Express buses. also go from Kidapawan to Tacurong 68km. and from Tacurong there are buses to Koronadal 31kms.
The van fare from Davao city to Kidapawan 118 kms. is p150 and the trip takes 2 hours.
Ferries from Cebu City, Manila, Iloilo, Bacolod, Bohol island arrive at Cagayan de Oro port.
There are many motor tricycles that charge about ₱8 for a 2km ride.
- Gaisano Grand Mall, purok 1 lanao. 10:00-19:00. A wide selection of retail outlets with many fast food places.
- Davao central warhouse club.. 10:00-20:00.
- Cdr King, Gaisano Grand mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Rose Pharmacy, Gaisano Grand mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Jollibee fast food.. 07:00-22:00. Breakfasts from 07:00 till 11am. There are two Jollibees in Kidapawan: one along Quezon Blvd and one in the Gaisano Grand mall.
- Chow King, Gaisano Grand mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Red ribbon, Gaisano Grand mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Greenwich Pizza, Gaisano Grand Mall. 10:00-19:00.
- Samanthas Travelers Inn, along Davao-Cotabato Hwy (Barangay Balindog.). Fan rooms with common bathrooms. ₱300.
- Midside Pension House, Temesis St.
- Fadj Inn, Jose Abad Santos St.
- Mount Apo Inn, Bautista St.
- Sams guest house, Villamarzo St.
- Pareng boyaks Inn. p300.
- A J D Pension House., Quimco drive. (near City Hall.), ☎ 064-2784781. fan double rooms with own bathroom. p350..
- Davao city