The major monuments in the city are:
- Yeni Mosque (Turkish: Yeni Cami/new mosque) built 1600-1618.
- Clock tower (Turkish: Saat Kule) built in 1884 by the order of Sultan Abdul Hamid II.
- Eski mosque (Turkish: Eski Cami/old mosque) built 1608/9 or 1677/78.
- Orthodox church Kimiseos tis Panagias, built in 1800 inside the Byzantine fortress of Komotini.
- Ruins of the Byzantine fortress, dating from the 4th century AD.
- Imaret of Komotini, one of the oldest Ottoman monuments in Thrace from 1360-1380.
- The suburban forest of Nymphaea, north of Komotini.
- The circumcenter temple of 11th - 13th century of Maximianoupolis-Mosynoupolis a few km west of Komotini.
- Archaeological museum of Komotini
- Folklore museum of Komotini
- Byzantine museum of Komotini
- Carathéodory's museum, dedicated to Constantin Carathéodory
- Thracian, Ethnological, Historical and Cultural museum
- Nedim Patisserie, Kriton 15-17, Orfeos, ☎ . Special cookies and Eastern Mediterranean sweets.
- Fanari Hotel, Fanari, Komotini, ☎ , , fax: +30 25350 31388, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. A 2-star hotel in Fanari.
|Routes through Komotini|
|Thessaloniki ← Xanthi ←||W E||→ Alexandroupolis → Istanbul|