- Visit Korca Region Info Center, Blvd Shen Gjergji, ☎ , fax: +355 8225 7803, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An interesting, though slow, way to get to Korça from Tirana is to take the train. From Pogradec to Korce, it is a short trip by "furgon". The train leaves at 06:00 from Tiranë. Because the train makes a big detour via Durrës, it arrives no less than four hours later at Elbasan, about 35 km from Tiranë, so it should be possible to make a shortcut. The price is very favourable (295 lek, about €2). The second-hand German carriages are OK, though for some unclear reason all windows are damaged, apparently by bullets. The scenery is beautiful, and until October it is possible to have the window wide open.
Several miles from the Greek border, this city is Albania's cultural capital. It is full of life during the summer when you can find couples and families strolling through the city's main park, Parku Rinia. You can hike to the top of the beautiful mountain Moravia and view the city and its surrounding landscape.
- National Museum of Medieval Art (Muzeu i Artit Meshetar Shqiptar) (near the Orthodox cathedral). M-F, 08:00-14:30, 17:00-19:00; Sa Su, 09:00-12:00, 17:00-19:00. Fantastic collection; if the door is locked during opening hours, ring the buzzer.
- Don't miss the Korca Brewery (famous throughout Albania) which sponsors a week long Beer Festival in the summer
- Bratko Museum and Archaeological Museum
- Main Orthodox Church in the town center
- Trenit Cave
- Take part in the Byrek Day (Festa e Lakrorit) showcasing local delicacies
- Go for a walk in the evening as part of the traditional Xhiro (walkabout)
- Go for a hike in the Morava Mountains
- Visit the historic and alpine villages of Dardhe, Moscopole (Voskopoje in Albanian), Boboshtice, and Vithkuq
- Visit the Drenova Fir National Park and Prespa National Park nearby.
- Teru (Formerly Peking Restaurant), Midhi Kostani (Near the Grand Hotel).
- Raki from mulberry fruit
- Hotel Kocibelli (Formerly Hotel Turizem in the communist days), Sheshi Kryesor (Just north of the bus station). Refurbished, quite clean. Rooms are not as modern as façade, but OK. Free Internet. Breakfast included. English speaking receptionists.
- Greece (Γενικό Προξενείο Κορυτσάς), Pavllo Katro Nr.4 (Behind the cathedral, big blue-painted building)), ☎ +355 82 252 888, Emergencies: +355 69 368 9855, fax: +355 82 245 052, e-mail: email@example.com. 09:00-15:00.
- Kastoria, Greece
- Kozani, Greece