In summer, the Tourist Information Office  is near the pier and is usually open for ferry arrivals.
- Caledonian MacBrayne, . Citylink coaches generally connect with the ferries on the mainland.
In the Outer Hebrides, there are airports in Stornoway in Lewis, Benbecula and Barra. These airports provide direct flights to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. The nearest to Lochmaddy is Benbecula
You can explore the village on foot, although it is a fairly scattered settlement and often a direct route from A to B is not possible because of the coastline
- Taigh Chearsabhagh  in Lochmaddy. This is an art centre with a museum and gallery, a cafe and a shop. Also worth seeing are the outdoor sculptures (ask inside for the guide leaflet).
- The coastline around Lochmaddy and the road to Loch Portain is remarkable for the number of little sea lochans.
Lochamaddy has a Grocer which sells newspapers after they arrive about noon, a Bank of Scotland and Taigh Chearsabhagh which sells books and souvenirs.
For evening meals see the Hotels section. There is a cafe in Taigh Chearsabhagh.
- Lochmaddy Hotel
- Uist Outdoor Centre. self catering - 20 beds in 4 person rooms.
Bed and Breakfasts
Some can be found on the tourist board website , but many are no longer listed due to the changes and "hassle".
- The Old Courthouse, Lochmaddy HS6 5AE (Around 15 minutes walk from the ferry.), ☎ . Bed and Breakfast from 25 - 30 pounds per person per night.
- Lochmaddy Hotel (2 minutes walk from the ferry terminal.), ☎ . An established hotel next the ferry terminal.
- Hamersay House, ☎ . Formerly the Tigh Dearg Hotel, a new hotel (opened in 2005) located about 15 minutes walk from the ferry.