In summer, the Tourist Information Office  is near the pier and is usually open for ferry arrivals.
- Caledonian MacBrayne, . Citylink coaches generally connect with the ferries on the mainland.
In the Outer Hebrides, there are airports in Stornoway in Lewis, Benbecula and Barra. These airports provide direct flights to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. The nearest to Lochmaddy is Benbecula
You can explore the village on foot, although it is a fairly scattered settlement and often a direct route from A to B is not possible because of the coastline
- Taigh Chearsabhagh (Near Lochmaddy pier.). This is an art centre with a museum and gallery, a cafe and a shop. Also worth seeing are the outdoor sculptures (ask inside for the guide leaflet).
- The coastline around Lochmaddy and the road to Loch Portain is remarkable for the number of little sea lochans.
- 'Visit the Hut of the Shadows and other End of the Road sculptures (In Lochmaddy, Leave your vehicle in the parking space just before the road turns left to the Uist Outdoor Centre. Take the track next to the house on the right which leads towards the sea on the right. Continue following the track past the high fences. It leads you to the small suspension bridge, and over the bridge, take the track down to the right towards the sea and you will reach the stone-built chamber.). Completed around Easter 1997 with the help of local people by English-based artist Chris Drury on behalf of the Taigh Chearsabhagh. This is well worth a visit and you may be able to spot otters in the vicinity if you are patient.
- Morrison's Grocer, HS6 5AA, ☎ . Mon - Sat 9:00 - 17:00?. Sells newspapers after they arrive about noon, and groceries, including Nisa products.
- The Gift Shop. Mon Wed, Fri, Sat 15:00-18:00; Tue, Thu 13:00-17:00. Small shop selling gifts, kitchenware and hardware.
- Bank of Scotland. Mon, Tue, Fri 9:30-12:30, 13:30-16:30. Bank with cash machine outside.
- Taigh Chearsabhagh (see above) sells books and souvenirs.
For evening meals see the Hotels section. There is a cafe in Taigh Chearsabhagh.
- Lochmaddy Hotel
- Uist Outdoor Centre. self catering - 20 beds in 4 person rooms.
Bed and Breakfasts
Some can be found on the tourist board website , but many are no longer listed due to the changes and "hassle".
- The Old Courthouse, Lochmaddy HS6 5AE (Around 15 minutes walk from the ferry.), ☎ . Bed and Breakfast from 25 - 30 pounds per person per night.
- Rushlee House, ☎ . B&B with three double rooms. From £50.
- Lochmaddy Hotel (2 minutes walk from the ferry terminal.), ☎ . An established hotel next the ferry terminal.
- Hamersay House, ☎ . Formerly the Tigh Dearg Hotel, a new hotel (opened in 2005) located about 15 minutes walk from the ferry.