Lorain is a city in Northeast Ohio.
Get in 
The City of Lorain is located on Erie Ave (Route 6 East/West) and Broadway (Route 57 North/South). Amherst is located to the South of Lorain, Vermilion to the West of Lorain and Sheffield Lake is to the East of Lorain.
The easiest way driving into Lorain from the West is to take exit 10 from Route 2 and head North into Lorain which is about a 10 minute drive. Or from the East you may take exit 151 from Route 2 and head due West on Route 611 (Colorado Ave) into Lorain which is about 10 minutes also.
Lorain is approximately 30 miles West of Cleveland, Ohio.
Get around 
Lorain County Transit, 1+ (440) 328-2490. Bus service to/from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport to Elyria Park and Ride and Oberlin College
- Lakeview Beach, 1800 West Eire Avenue, 1+ (440) 458-5121.
- Century Beach, East Erie & Massachusetts, 1+ (440) 244-9000.
- Great Lakes Kayaking, 1355 Black River Parkway, 1+ (440) 396-5887.
- Bo-Kay Fishing Charters, Spitzer Lakeside Marina, 1+ (440) 282-2127.
- Sandy B. Fishing Charters, Spitzer Lakeside Marina, 1+ (888) 886-5964.
- Lorain Harbor. Warm water attracts waterfowl throughout the year. The breakwater and jetties can reveal great blue and black-crowned herons, as well as purple sandpipers. To East Pier, take Route 6 to Arizona Avenue north 500 feeet to parking. To Municipal Pier, take Route 6 to Oberlin Avenue north 1,000 feet to parking.
- Speigelberg Orchards, 6161 Middle Ridge Road, 1+ (440) 233-6083.
- Rebman Recreation, 5300 Oberlin Avenue, 1+ (440) 282-6761.
- Lorain Underground Railroad Station 100 Reflective Garden and Monument, Black River Landing.
- Lorain Palace Theatre, 617 Broadway, 1+ (440) 245-2323. A "Movie Palace" in 1928, this restored Gothic theatreshowcases drama, music, movies, and more.
- Harrison Cultural Community Centre, 1922 Hamilton Aveune, 1+ (440) 244-0359. A community resource site focusing on African American heritage, tutoring and mentoring youth.
- Stocker Arts Center Lorain County Community College 1005 North Abbe Road, 1+ (440) 366-7105. Presenting performing and visual arts.
- My 2nd Home Resale Shop, 5350 Oberlin Avenue, Bldg C, Suite 201, 1+ (440) 282-4032.
- Beachcliff Diner, 2405 West Erie Ave., 1+ (440) 244-2030.
- Diso's Bistro at All Nations, 4286 Oberlin Ave., 1+ (440) 282-1195
- Fligner's Market, 1854 Broadway, 1+ (440) 244-5173.
- Jackalope Lakeside, 301 Lakeside Ave., 1+ (440) 288-2051. Lorain's casual restaurant with a fine dining menu situated on the shores of Lake Erie overlooking the Lorain Lighthouse.
- Rose Cafe at Lakeview Beach, 1800 West Erie Ave., 1+ (440) 233-7272.- Serves breakfast and lunch, brunch on Sunday. Overlooks the Rose Garden and Lake Erie.
- Arbor Lights Bed & Breakfast, 3454 East Erie Ave., 1+ (440) 288-0816.
Go next 
|Routes through Lorain|
|Sandusky ← Vermilion ←||W E||→ Avon Lake → Cleveland|
|END ←||N S||→ Amherst → Ashland|