Just across the Yamuna River from Delhi, this is Uttar Pradesh's most modern city and a popular location for businesses looking to escape Delhi's congestion and steep rents. NOIDA boasts of the best roads in NCR,with excellent street lighting and cat-eyes which ensures maximum visibility during nights.It makes the whole driving experience a pleasure. Now with NOIDA Metro i.e. an extension to Delhi Metro, you can reach from Delhi to NOIDA in no time.
The easiest way to go to Noida by public transport is to take the Delhi Metro Blue Line, which has numerous stops around the city. The other alternative is DTC (Delhi Transport Corporaion) buses.
The DND Flyway toll bridge (Rs.22) connects Noida to Delhi and is a pleasure to drive. Note that if you're driving a black-plated commercial vehicle — in particular, a rented car — you're not allowed to use the bridge unless you've already paid the Uttar Pradesh road tax of Rs.240/day (there are no facilities for paying it here).
Noida is spottily connected by buses and rickshaws. The buses are chiefly from Delhi. The best option for getting around by taxi is to book it online by online car rental companies sites where you have the luxury of choosing from a variety of options like - ZipMyTravel.com. They provide the services to travel intra-city also for visiting Jaipur, Agra (Taj Mahal) and other places in and around noida.
A scenic relief from Delhi, Noida is low on traffic and pollution (by Indian standards) and is dotted with parks and statues, none of them particularly noteworthy though.The city has done very well to keep up the green cover and the plantation of trees is done from time to time.
Noida Film City - A hub for films and television in India - Founded by Sandeep Marwah of Marwah Studios
- Stupa 18 Gallery (Art Gallery), K - 64, Sector 18 (Close to Sector 18 Metro station), ☎ . W-M 11AM-8PM. An art gallery, where you can see and buy art pieces by various new as well as established talented artists. Open to public, this gallery has interesting exhibitions every month. Art lovers would love to be there. INR 2000 onwards.
Noida is filled with malls and shopping centers.
- CenterStage Mall, Sector 18 (Atta Market, behind the Radisson).
- Great India Place. Next to Sector-18, Noida. BIG CINEMAS cineplex, slick (and pricy) Spoon food court on the 3rd floor, Big Bazaar department store, somewhat forlorn amusement part outside.
- Spice Mall. Features a multiplex with 8 screens.
- Sab Shopping Mall.
- Shopprix Mall, Sector 61. Small,but every facility available,amazing budget food court,3 retail stores .
- Shipra Mall, This is in Gaziabad but just touching sec-62 Noida you can visit this Mall too.
Apart from that Noida is filled with old style Indian markets like Atta, Indira Market, Choura, Khoda, Chellara, Harola, Naya Bans etc.
Ishaan School of Art-n-Music, The only centre in Noida with recognised courses and recognition by Noida Authority. Learn Indian classical, Western and Bollywood style dance; vocal and instrumental music. Drawing and painting. Expert faculty. P-19, Sector-12, Noida. +919310034746-7
- Haldiram, The best quality food with great hygiene @ PVR Spice Mall and also a new Haldiram is open @ Noida electronic city entrance on the left side.
- Taste of India, Centerstage Mall Level 1, Sector 18. Food court style operation with eight stations dishing out a full range of Indian food, all of it vegetarian. Large set meals from Rs.100.
- Brahmaputra Market, This place is flooded with food vendors in the evening, and good veg & non-veg out there, Sector 29.
- Laxmi Coffee House, This is good old South Indian food joint. Cheap and tasty. Brahmaputra Market, Sector 29.
- Sagar Ratna, This is good solid South Indian food. Many locations in Noida, at Gulmohar Shopping Complex at Sec 15, Sector 18 and at Shopprix Mall.
- Reena Restaurant, This offers very good south indian food at reasonable rates.
- i'lario ITALIAN coffee bar & bakery, ☎ . G-34, Sector-18. URL:. Italian Restaurant, Coffee Bar & Bakery,
- Bercos Gardens Chinese Joint, Baraat Ghar, Sector 12
- Samarkand Offers Indian Mughlai and Chinese, Ganga Shopping Complex, Sector 29.
- Fortune Platters, Joint offering Indian, Chinese, Mughlai, Italian under one roof. It is in Center Stage Mall, Basement , Sector 18.
- Desi Vibes, Indian Joint, Sector 18.
- Yellow Chilli, Sanjiv Kapoor restaurant, Sector 18.
- Pearl Regency, Ganga Shopping Complex, Sector 29. Offers Indian Mughlai and Chinese. One of the great places i have seen. please do visit.
- Pizza Hut outlets in Sec 18, Center Stage Mall (again sector 18), Shopprix Mall, Spice Mall, Parshva Plaza (Sec 27), Sec 110 (In Front Of Kendriya Vihar Apt, Nr Sec-82).
- Dominoes, Sec 18, Sec 51, Sec 110 (In Front Of Kendriya Vihar Apt, Nr Sec-82).
- Nirulas, Sec 2.
- Punjabi Galiyara, Sec 18.
- Bamboo Shoots, Sec 18 - Some good chinese there!
- Uncles Restaurant, Sec 11 - good food served here!
- K65 Restaurant, Sec 65 - Homely food served here!
- Lets Noodle, Sec 18 - Awesome Chinese Food!
- Punjabi by Nature, ☎ . P-19, Sector 18 (Atta Market). The local outlet of the exuberantly hip Punjabi chain, serving up tandoori lobster and vodka golgappas next to crazy decor that's half dhaba, half crystal chandeliers and indoor waterfalls. While there's a premium to pay for the surroundings, the food is solid and the makki ki roti with sarson ka saag is worth the price tag. Rs.500, more if you sample the booze or seafood.
- Chor Bizarre, Sector 16
- Octopus, Sector 16
- The Great Kebab factory, Sector 18
- Moti Mahal, Sector 18 - For absolutely amazing Mughlai cuisine!
Alcohol in Uttar Pradesh is somewhat pricier than in Delhi. The main nightlife district is Atta Market (Sector 18).
- Flluid, Mosaic Hotel, Sector 18. Slick two-floor bar and nightclub that looks somewhat like an Arctic cavern, with billowing white shapes and blue lighting. Kingfisher Rs.200.
- Ice Cubes, Sector 38-A.
- Pacific Blues, Sector 18.
- Anchor, Sector 18.
- Vinnys, Sector 18.
- Patiala Kings, Sector 18.
- Chicane, Sector 25A, Spice Mall.
- Pearl's Regency, Sector 29, Ganga Shopping Complex.
- Mamouchee, 4th Floor Centre Stage Mall. offers quite good range of cocktails. On the food side , good lebanese options
- quantum (elevate), centerstage mall (sector 18). arguably one of the best nightclubs in Delhi-NCR.
- Nirulas, Sec 2 (Next to main Metro Line). Oldest hotel of Noida. Possibly 3-star. Good fast food joint, pastry shop, bakery, Tea/Coffee Lounge, Bar. 5000.
- Fortune Inn Garzia, Sec-18.
- Mosaic Hotel. Sector 18. Formerly the Shipra Hotel, but after a 2006 renovation is now a "business boutique" hotel with the appearance of a hip nightclub (indeed, Flluid is in the basement) and the price of a big-city Indian business hotel. Rooms are modern and comfortable, service is friendly and efficient, but wireless Internet is expensive and patchy. From US$200 up.
- Park Plaza, ☎ . C Block, Sec-55, tel. +.
- Radisson Noida. Noida's first but no longer only branded hotel. Weekday rates from US$400 up.