Orem is accessible by freeway. Take I-15 south from Salt Lake City and take the 800 North exit, Center Street exit, or University Parkway exit.
The nearest airport is in Salt Lake City .
FrontRunner, 900 South 1350 West, . Commuter rail service linking Orem to Ogden and Salt Lake City to the north and Provo to the south.
UTA bus service  is also available.
Bus service is available but access to a car is recommended.
- Orem Heritage Museum, 745 S State Street (2nd floor of SCERA Center for the Arts), ☎ +1 801-225-2787 ext. 1030. Jun-Aug: M-Sa noon-5pm. Artifacts and memorabilia from the history of Orem. Free.
- UVU Woodbury Art Museum, 575 E University Parkway #250 (inside the University Mall; access from the outside), ☎ . Tu 11AM-8PM, W-Sa 11AM-5PM. UVU student and faculty art exhibits. Free.
- Orem Historical Sites Tour. A historical sites tour booklet can be downloaded from the Orem city website.
- Nielsen's Grove, Sandhill Road 2000 South, ☎ . Park always; museum May-Sep: TuTh 1-3PM, W 11AM-1PM, 4- 6PM (or call for appointment). Park and self-guided historical museum of Danish immigrant. Free.
- Provo Canyon (Go to east on 800 North and head towards Heber or head north on University Avenue). A scenic drive leads you from Provo/Orem to Heber and is especially beautiful in the autumn when the leaves turn colors. The Provo River runs parallel to the road (good for flyfishing). Stops along the way include Bridal Veil Falls, Sundance Resort, and a trail leading to Timpanogos Caves. There are plenty of great places in the canyon for hiking, camping, picnicking, biking, jogging, and much more.
- Timpanogos Storytelling Festival, Mt Timpanogos Park (1 mile up Provo Canyon) and SCERA Shell (699 S State St), ☎ . Hours vary. Annual event held during the late summer that features storytellers from around the nation. Tickets should be purchased in advance (online or by phone). The festival also holds a "Midwinter" conference in February. Price varies.
- Hale Center Theater, 225 W 400 N, ☎ . Excellent theater in the round.
- SCERA Center for the Arts, 745 S State Street, ☎ . Stage and movie theater, as well as the home of the Orem Heritage Museum. The SCERA Shell provides an outdoor venue for many events.
- University Mall, (University Parkway, near the Provo border). This mall includes a large number stores including Deseret Books, Mr. Mac, Eddie Bauer's, Macy's, and See's Chocolates. There is also an art gallery (UVU Woodbury Gallery), a theater (Hale Center), and a branch of the Orem Library.
- Orem Parkway, (University Parkway, north of State Street). This shopping center includes an LDS Distribution Center, Deseret Books, Emergency Essentials, KneeShorts, Shepherd's Cake and Candy Supply, and so on.
- Pebbles in My Pocket, (State Street, near University Mall). Scrapbook supply.
- Goodwood Barbeque, (Located next to University Mall on University Parkway). Offers a variety of slow-cooked, barbequed entrees.
- Tucano's, (At Riverwoods on Center Street). Brazilian grill. Slightly pricey but well worth it, as the food is good and the experience is fun. Waitpersons frequently stop at the table to offer a sampling of grilled meats and other foods (including grilled pineapple!).
- Kneader's, (Corner of 2000 North Orem/200 South Lindon and State Street). A small bakery offering a variety of breads and desserts. Tasty sandwiches are made to order there as well.
- Coney's, (University Parkway). Serves soft-serve frozen custard cones.
- Chef's Table (State Street). Best fine dining in Utah County, according to the Daily Herald.
- Coney's Frozen Custard, 242 E University Parkway, ☎ . Summer: M-Sa 11AM-11PM. Hotdogs and frozen custard. Chocolate, vanilla, and custard flavor of the day (check the website to see what is when). Cyclones, shakes, sundaes, and loads of toppings.
- Juice 'n Java, 535 North State Street, ☎ . Café serving coffee, juice & muffins. Free wifi.
- Fairfield Inn Orem, 427 West University Parkway, ☎ , fax: +1 801 431-0393.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites, 521 W. University Parkway, ☎ , fax: 1-801-226-4798. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM. This relatively modern, pet-friendly hotel will please most fans of chain hotels, offering amenities like free wireless internet, large and clean rooms, a basic breakfast, free newspaper, exercise facilities, indoor pool, and basic cable. For the price the rooms are of a higher quality than might be expected, but light sleepers beware: soundproofing was clearly not a consideration when the hotel was built, and even moderately noisy neighbors will keep you up at night. Rooms starting around $70/night.
- Towne Place Suites, 873 North 1200 West, Orem, UT 84057, ☎ . Right off the 800 N exit from I-15, near grocery store if you want to make use of the kitchen facilities. Says it's "Blocks from UVU" but really it's more like 2.5 miles. Can arrange airport shuttle to SLC.
- Provo - Orem's neighbor to the west and south and home to Brigham Young University.
- Salt Lake City - Located approximately 45 minutes to the north of Orem, Utah's state capital includes such destinations as Temple Square and the This Is The Place Monument.
- Timpanogos Cave National Monument - Located along Highway 92 in American Fork Canyon, this national monument offers a strenuous but scenic hike to an impressive cave featuring myriad formations. Entrance to the cave is possible only on a ranger-led walk, with two options available: an off-trail spelunking tour and an on-trail tour through the cave's most scenic rooms.
|Routes through Orem|
|Salt Lake City ← American Fork ←||N S||→ Provo → St. George|
|Salt Lake City ← American Fork ←||N S||→ Provo → Richfield|