North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Cape Cod > Lower Cape > Orleans (Massachusetts)
Highway access is by Route 6 from the Cape Cod Canal in Bourne which is about 55 minutes away.
- From Boston take I-93 south to Route 3 south to the Sagamore Bridge (Becomes Rt. 6). Exit onto Route 6A at Orlean's landmark rotary (or roundabout) on Route 6, approximately 55 minutes from the Sagamore Bridge and 1.75 hours from Boston.
- From Providence or points south take I-95 north to I-195 to Route 25 south to the Bourne Bridge (I-495 also becomes Route 25). At the rotary (traffic circle) on the Cape side, go almost all the way around and travel along the Canal to Route 6 east.
- Plymouth & Brockton Street Railway, 17 Elm Av., Hyannis, +1 508-771-6191, .
- Most travelers would fly into Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS), , or Warwick, Rhode Island's T.F. Greene Airport (PVD),  near Providence.
- Cape Air, +1 800-352-0714, . Regional airline serving nearby Hyannis, and also Provincetown, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. They also service the off cape cities of Boston, Providence (seasonal), and New Bedford.
- The French Cable Station Museum, Cove Rd. and Route 28, +1 508-255-0343. Early communications and the telegraph.
- Orleans Historical Society, 3 River Rd, ☎ .
- Addison Art Gallery, 43 South Orleans Rd, ☎ . (Rte. 28).
- Hogan Art Gallery, 39 Main St, ☎ .
- Left Bank Gallery, 8 Cove Rd, ☎ .
- Tree's Place, ☎ . Route 6A at Route 28.
- Academy of Performing Arts Playhouse, 120 Main St. Orleans, +1 508-255-3075 (Gen. Info), +1 508-255-1963 (Box Office).
- Academy of Performing Arts School, 5 Giddish Hill Rd, ☎ . Orleans.
- Stages Theater Company, Rock Harbor, Orleans, +1 508-240-2400 (General Information), +1 508-240-2400 (Box Office).
- Orleans Bowling Center, 191 Route 6A, +1 508-255-0636.
- Nauset Beach, Main St., East Orleans. Fine ocean beach with good surf.
- Skaket Beach, West Rd. (off Route 6A).
- Pilgrim Lake, Monument Rd. (off Main St), East Orleans.
- Abba, Old Colony Way & West Rd., +1 508-255-8144. Fine Dining. Recommended. $20-$35
- Academy Ocean Grille, 2 Academy Place, ☎ . At Rt 28.
- Barley Neck Inn, 5 Beach Rd, ☎ .
- The Beacon Room, 23 West Rd, ☎ . Lunch 11:30 AM-3PM Dinner daily 5PM-9:30PM. Some imaginative dishes here. Patio dining available when warm enough. $15-22.
- The Chocolate Sparrow, 5 Old Colony Way, ☎ . Espresso bar, pastries, desserts.
- Cooke's Seafood, 1 S Orleans Rd, ☎ . Casual restaurant. Great (and surprisingly light) fried clams and onion rings. Some of the best clam chowder on the Cape!
- Joe's Beach Road Bar & Grille, 5 Beach Rd, ☎ . Voted one of the top ten restaurants on Cape Cod by Yankee Magazine.
- Land Ho!, ☎ . Rte. 6A and Cove Rd. Try the sea clam pie. Live music some evenings.
- Mahoney's Atlantic Bar and Grill, 28 Main St, ☎ . Something a little special from the chef here.
- Nauset Beach Club, 222 Main St, ☎ . East Orleans. Gets many excellent reviews. a la carte entrees $22-$35.
- The Old Jailhouse Tavern, 28 West Rd, ☎ . Year round. 11:30AM-1AM. Jailhouse theme to this old stone building. Basic menu.
- The Orleans Waterfront Inn, 3 Old County Rd (off Route 6A), ☎ .
- The Yardarm, ☎ . 48 Rte. 28. Good value.
- The Land Ho, ☎ . Rt. 6A and Cove Rd. Open daily, year round, until 1AM. The Land Ho is a tavern-type restaurant that is open every day, but at night serves appetizers, burgers and soups until midnight. It is frequented by locals and is known for its Cape Cod flair and numerous business signs that hang in its interior. Frequented by young and old alike. Beers run approximately $3.50 (domestic bottles) to $4.75 for imports and draughts. Cocktails range $3 and up. Open year round.
- The Old Jailhouse Tavern, 28 West Rd, ☎ .
- The Orleans Waterfront Inn, 3 Old County Rd (off Route 6A), ☎ , fax: +1 508-255-6722. 11 rooms.
- Barley Neck Inn, 5 Beach Rd, ☎ . Year round.
- The Governor Prence Inn. 66 Route 6A, +1 800-342-4300 or +1 508-255-1216. 56 rooms. Non-smoking.
- Skaket Beach Motel, 203 Cranberry Highway. (Rt. 6A), +1 800-835-0298 or +1 508-255-1020.
- A little Inn on Pleasant Bay, 654 S. Orleans Rd. South Orleans, +1 888-332-3351 or +1 508-255-0780. 9 units.
- The Cove, 13 S. Orleans Rd, ☎ , fax: +1 508-255-7736. 47 units, some kitchenttes and balconys overlooking the cove.
- Nauset Knoll Motor Lodge, 237 Beach Rd, ☎ . 12 units. Overlooks Nauset beach. Walk to beach.
|Routes through Orleans|
|New Bedford ← Harwich ←||W N||→ Eastham → Provincetown|