Point Pleasant Beach
Point Pleasant Beach is a small borough in the New Jersey Shore region. This seaside community is often called Point Pleasant by tourists. In fact Point Pleasant Beach, a coastal town that sees a large influx of summer visitors, is a separate political entity from its western neighbor - Point Pleasant.
- From Northern New Jersey/New York
Travel South along the Garden State Parkway until Exit 98. Follow Rt. 34 South until it becomes Rt. 35 South and follow it over the bridge. Make a left at Arnold Avenue (3rd light) and follow signs to your destination.
- From Southern New Jersey/Atlantic City
Take Garden State Parkway Exit 88. Proceed to Rt 70 (About 3 miles) Make Left on Rt 70 and proceed to Rt 35 South (About. 7 miles).
- From Philadelphia/West Area
Take NJ Turnpike to exit 7a for Rt 195 East. Proceed to East to Exit 35A (Brielle). for Rt. 34 South. Follow directions above from 34.
The closest large airports to Point Pleasant Beach are:
- Newark Liberty International Airport --in Newark, NJ. This large transportation site helps thousands of people get to their desired destination with comfort and efficiency everyday. Restaurants and shops are spread throughout the airport to provide a quick way to pass the time while waiting to board or waiting for an incoming flight. Tel: +1 973 961-6000 Fax: +1 973 961-6259
- Atlantic City International Airport--in Atlantic City, NJ. This airport is small and is usually is usually used by those within the Atlantic County area. It provides main airlines such as Spirit Airlines, and Delta Connection COMAIR flights daily, but is just used as a basic airport. Tel: +1 609 645-7895
There are a number of taxi services within Point Pleasant. Fares vary depending on the service:
- Briggs Transportation Service- 508 Washington Ave, Point Pleasant, NJ +1 732 892-0465.
- All City Taxi-Point Pleasant, NJ, +1 732 892-5600.
- Point Pleasant Cab-Point Pleasant, NJ, +1 733 892-1313.
- A Affordable Taxi - Point Pleasant, NJ +1 732 892-8294
- Point Pleasant Beaches' attractions are all confined to one area and are all within walking distance to each other. Walking is a good option especially in the months of May-September when tourist season is at its peak and finding parking can be difficult. The boardwalk includes a residential stretch perfect for a quiet and scenic evening stroll.
- It is common to see residents and tourists riding their bikes along the boardwalk during the summer months. Bikes are also ridden within the town to and from various destinations. Bikes and surray bikes are available for rent on the boardwalk for those who do not bring their own. It is a great option if you are looking to get exercise and transportation at the same time.
- Rent a Car if you are planning on traveling outside of Point Pleasant Beach or seeing other destinations than the beach or boardwalk. If you are planning on driving to the beach be prepared to pay for parking or walk if you prefer the free parking on the streets.
- Taxi services are not really necessary during the daytime, but are usually used at night by those who take advantage of the bar scene. They are sometimes used by those who are in a real rush and do not have a car nearby.
- Point Pleasant Beach. Point Pleasant Beach beaches are open to the public and offer a scenic view of the Jersey Shore all year long. From Memorial day through Labor day, season badges or daytime passes can be purchased for a fee. Lifeguards are on duty from 9-5 daily. Visiting Point Pleasant beach is a fun and relaxing event for the entire family.
- Fireworks. Beginning in June and running through August a magnificent fireworks display is put on right on the boardwalk thursday evenings after the sun sets.
- Big Joe's Jersey Talent Show, Pavilion Beach Stage. A weekly event running on Sundays from June 19th to August 28th . Come out and watch the Point Pleasant beach visitors and residents showcase all the talent they have.
- Jenkinson's Music Fest, Inlet Beach Stage. An event running every Wednesday night from June 29th to August 31st. Come out and watch different performances from live bands every week. A great way to spend a night and something to watch and enjoy while eating at the bar, Inlet.
- Jenkinson's Boardwalk Along the side of the beach is one of Point Pleasant’s highlight attractions…the boardwalk! Every member of the family is sure to find something they enjoy whether it be Arcades, snack shacks, games, mini-golf or the amusement park, which offers wristband days in which you can get unlimited access to the rides for $15 dollars a person.
- Jenkinson's Aquarium Located at the end of the boardwalk the air-conditioned aquarium is a great walk to take an educational break from the hot sun on the beach. With an extensive variety of sea creatures to see, the aquarium can keep you busy for hours. There is also hands on workshops for the younger members of the family. Adults $10 admission, Kids and Seniors $6
- Jenkinson's Pavillion Arcade & Fun House, 300 Ocean Avenue, ☎ . A busy arcade featuring a wide variety of games and prizes all children enjoy as well as a crazy fun house full of trick mirrors and mazes everyone gets a kick out of!
- Sea Spa and Salon at the White Sands Resort, 1205 Ocean avenue, ☎ . A relaxing and full service spa located adjacent to the beautiful Point Pleasant beach. A wide variety of unique services offered such as a Zen Envelopment Treatment and a Sea Spa Aromatherapy Treatment. The salon offers everything from manicures and pedicures to hair design. moderately priced.
- Festival of the Sea. An annual end of summer bash complete with tons of shopping and seafood! Local restaurants and vendors provide the large crowds with delicacies such as crab cakes, shrimp skewers, and lobster. Hundreds of Craft Vendors open up shop for a unique shopping experience for the whole family.
- Jenks Club, 300 Ocean Avenue (Pkwy & Boardwalk), ☎ . This is something for the over 21 crowd. One of the top Jersey shores club/ bars open all year round. During winter & fall seasons, the club is open on Friday and Saturday nights, and during season the club is open every night of the week. Jenks features all of the best live bands and DJs to heat up your nightlife.
- Mini Golf (Castaway Cove Miniature Golf), Jenkinson's Boardwalk, Central Avenue. 11a.m-1a.m. Castaway Cove is the best place to go mini golfing in Point Pleasant Beach ! Located just a few feet away from the boardwalk , it features two courses to choose from. One goes down to the caves of the cove and through waterfalls, the other goes outside and on top of the course giving you a perfect aerial view of the boardwalk and beach. Great activity for the whole family to enjoy !
- Jenkinson's Amusement Rides, Jenkinson's Boardwalk. Jenkinson's boardwalk offers a whole slew of rides for all ages. For the younger kids theres a carousel, convoy race, crazy bus, dizzy dragons, and a train that goes around the whole perimeter of the park. For the older kids and adults theres the swings, bumper cars, starship, tilt-a-whirl, moby dick, twister, tornado, super himalaya, and a rock wall. There are way too many rides to name so you'll have to come see for yourself. The park is open from the end of May to early September and it opens at 12 p.m daily. You can either purchase tickets or wristbands for the whole day, prices vary.
- Parasailing , 35 Broadway, +1 732 714-2FLY. Be adventurous and see the sights from up in the air!
- Fishing "The Wall" at the Manasquan inlet is the point where the Atlantic meets the Manasquan River, and an excellent place to fish year round. Alex's Bait and Tackle, located at 9 Inlet Drive, is the place to get any equipment necessary for a day of fishing by the sea. (732)-295-9268
- MIMI VI , Spikes Dock 415 Broadway + 732 370-8019. The MIMI VI is a sailboat that can be rented for basically anything. It can be rented out for birthday cruises, fireworks cruises, marriage ceremonies, class reunions, fundraisers, holiday parties, etc. MIMI VI can also be rented out to go fishing. Prices vary on the event / amount of hours you are renting for.
- The Dauntless ,47 Broadway- Broadway Basin +732 892-4298. The Dauntless is another sailboat that actually sails all year round and offers fishing trips Their Galley serves hamburgers,soda, coffee, and tea. There is also music & television on board for entertainment. Free parking at dock and prices vary.
- Jenkinson's Sweet Shop-located on Jenkinson's Boardwalk-This small shop offers a variety of tempting treats like Salt Water Taffy, Caramel and Candy Apples and Homemade Fudge
- Sea View Sweets, 312 boardwalk, ☎ . an old time candy shoppe right on the boardwalk featuring delicious hand-made chocolates, fudge, and salt water taffy
- Splinter's Country Woodworking, 624 Bay Avenue, ☎ . A shop/workshop that specializes in hand crafted, wood carved items that are unique and rustic. Items from this shop make great gifts and it is located in walking distance of most hotels or motels.
- Peck's Primitives (Point Pleasant Antique Emporium), Bay & Trenton Ave, ☎ . An antique store that invites you to explore treasures of the past. This store includes local memorabilia to world renown items and artifacts. There is something here for everyone to find. Peck's Primitives is only one shop in Point Pleasant's Antique Emporium. There are over 15 other antique stands in the emporium.
- Fishermen's Supply Company, 69 Channel Drive, ☎ . This fishermen's store can supply you with everything you need for a day out on the water. It features an array of fishing supplies and equipment including: bait, fuel , ice, and tackle.
- Jenkinson's Pavillion, 300 Boardwalk, +1 732 899-0569- has typical boardwalk food such as pizza, burgers and chicken fingers as well as a sushi and raw bar and a deli counter. Can get very crowded during the summer months.
- Joey Tomatoes-311 Central Ave- +1 (732) 295-2624- located on the Jenkinson's Boardwalk this pizzeria offers great thin crust pizza made fresh by the slice or pie.
- Martells, 308 Boardwalk, +1 732 892-0131. A very popular place on the Point Pleasant Boardwalk. Contains Restaurant indoors as well as the Tiki Bar outside. Offers wide range of american food and specials. can be on the pricey side.
- Ocean Bay Diner- 1517 Ocean Ave- +1 (732)-295-1070- offers a great range of food of everything from Jersey Favorites like Gravy Fries and Taylor Ham to Burgers and Italian Specialties- Open 24 Hours- Also has great Breakfast food.
- Surf Taco, 1300 Richmond Ave, ☎ . A local favorite featuring coastal cuisine in a surf shack like setting. Famous for their salsa bar and Tsunami food challenge, great for a quick bite after hitting the beach.
- Red's Lobster Pot Restaurant, 57 inlet drive (right on the Manasquan River), ☎ . A seafood restaurant famous for their fresh seafood delivered daily from local ships. Pricy, but worth the money.
- Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty, 83 Channel Drive. a beautiful seafood restaurant with panoramic views of the ocean. Executive Chef Mark D’Angelo makes delicious creations with the freshest ingredients making each meal truly spectacular.
- Spano's, 719 Arnold Avenue, ☎ . A great find if your craving italian food while visiting Point Pleasant Beach ! Spano's offers a dining experience in the steak & chop house and a more casual eatery with Joe Spano's Tomato Pies. Everything from steak to pasta to pizza, Spano's has it all and fits into everyones price range. Also, it can be rented out for parties and special occasions.
- Inlet, Jenkinson's Boardwalk. A small beach bar located directly on the boardwalk. A great place to stop in for a bite. You can enjoy classic boardwalk favorites like cheesesteaks , hot dogs, and french fries. You can also buy a frozen drink or cocktail here any time of day.
- Offshore Restaurant & Pub Bar, 225 Ocean Avenue, ☎ . One of jersey shore's favorite casual dining restaurants. This menu is full of chefs specialties, seafood, sandwiches,burgers, basically anything you could ask for. Offshore is open all year round so come to enjoy great food and great drinks at a terrific price!
- Boardwalk Bar & Grill, 106 Randall Avenue, ☎ . Located a block from the boardwalk. You can order anything from seafood to burgers to salads here. Everything is at very reasonable prices and you can get a meal at almost any time: Their hours are 7 a.m - 2 a.m , every day of the week. It also features a full bar, live performances and happy hours. Definitely another pick for over 21 crowd.
- The Ark Pub & Eatery, 401 Sea Avenue / Route 35, ☎ . If you looking for a night out to drink , this is the place to be. With over 40 beer selections and a menu full of appetizers such as nachos , wings, and mozzarella sticks , they ask the question, "Can you handle it?" They also have a party room that can hold up to 70 people.
- Colonial Motel, ☎ . 210 Arnold, Located only 2 blocks from the beach and boardwalk. This quaint motel offers single and double rooms as well as suites. Great for families as it has a pool and offers a continental breakfast every morning. Beach Badges are also available here for a discounted price.
- Dunes Motel, 1601 Ocean Avenue, ☎ . Located parallel to the beach and short walking distance to many surrounding restaurants. Offers free beach passes and includes a private in-ground pool and free parking as well as a shuttle service to the boardwalk.
- Shore Point Motel, 205 Broadway, +1 732 892-7075. Located a few blocks away from the beach and short walking distance to some great seafood restaurants and well-known placed on the shore. Only 5 minute walk to the Point Pleasant train station. Offers free beach passes and includes free parking. The owner will always welcome you with a smile.
- Quality Inn, ☎ . 620 Ocean Road/Rte 88. Located less than a mile from the beach and boardwalk attractions. This Hotel offers a variety of services such as free continental breakfast and coffee, seasonal outdoor pool, and free wireless internet.
- White Sands Oceanfront Resort, 1205 Ocean Ave, ☎ . An oceanfront resort and spa located on a private stretch of Point Pleasant Beach, complete with an indoor heated swimming pool, two outdoor pools, spa, and banquet and conference facilities! moderately priced.
- Amythst's Beach Motel, 202 ARNOLD AVE, ☎ . the motel overlooks the famous Jenkinson's boardwalk, and has a variety of amenities from a heated outdoor pool to a free continental breakfast on the patio served every morning. The best part of all? The reasonable room rates!
- Surfside Motel of Point Pleasant Beach, 101 Broadway, ☎ . A small, family owned and operated motel, that will cater to your every need. The Bilotti family grew up vacationing in Point Pleasant Beach and decided to purchase a house and motel there. Surfside is located on the north end of town and is within three blocks of the beach, boardwalk, and Manasquan inlet. This motel is especially great for families and children!
- The Tower Cottage, 203 Forman Avenue, ☎ . Different from the typical motel/hotel on the Point Pleasant boardwalk, The Tower Cottage is a restored Queen Anne Victorian Bed and Breakfast Inn. This inn is geared more towards couples and business travelers than to families, some say it is an ideal romantic getaway spot. This is a great alternative and you will be speechless when you see the beautifully decorated rooms.