- From San Jose :
- Buses are taken from Tracopa Bus station downtown San Jose. Ride prices are $8, trip takes between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 hours, depending on the bus you take.
- You can hire a tourist-oriented private van or bus, which usually carries between 7-30 people, depending on the size and presence of air conditioning. Expect to pay up to $40 USD.
You can take a plane, which is a 40 minute flight. Cost is around $90 one way. Visit Sansa Airlines site . Quepos airport is a $20 cab ride into town/Manuel Antonio Park. You will need to pay a $3/person airport entry/exit fee when using the Quepos airport (though it does have free wifi)
Local bus leaves every 30 mins during the day between Manuel Antonio and Quepos. Costs 285 CRC (~$0.50 USD) and the bus driver and can provide change but may not accept dollars. Also renting scooters is an option or renting a taxi.
- Quepos Fish Adventure com (Leaving out of the Quepos Dock), ☎ 2777-4341. daily. Go catch a Pacific Sailfish or Marlin! Tours available everyday and you can rent the whole boat or split trips with others. American Captain, top of the line gear. BBQ pit.
- H2O Adventures, Este de Iglesia Catolica, ☎ 2777-4092. Rafting and Sea Kayaking trips
- Sailfish Quepos, on the beach, ☎ 8-381-8493. daily. Nice charter company with excellent service fishing in one of the top five fisheries in the world from 600.
- Oceans Unlimited (On the road leaving Quepos heading towards Manuel Antonio), ☎ 2777-3171. PADI Gold Palm Dive center offering snorkeling and Scuba diving trips. Local and Offshore trips available.
- Dominical Surf Adventures, Dominical, Costa Rica (in front of Catholic Church), ☎ (011-506) 2787-0431. 8AM to 5PM. Exclusive tours in the area of Quepos and Dominical. We offer pick up from Quepos and take our customers to very uncrowded and pristine places near the area. Doing great adventures as of rafting, surfing and kayaking in the ocean and mangroves, lots of fun and very safe trips.
If you find the bus station, wander in the market attached and find a place that says "Cevichera." This place sells "ceviche," a typical local dish consisting of raw, diced fish in a lime juice broth. It's cheap and tastes delicious.
- Aqua Azul, Great mix of typical and american plates. Good prices and chilled atmosphere. Amazing views at sunset.
- La Cantina, Great Kabobs and steaks all done over an open grill.
- Sunspot Bar & Grill, After Quepos on Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (Turn right at Cafe Milagro and follow signs), ☎ . 11AM to 10PM. One of Manuel Antonio's few award winning restaurants, Sunspot Bar & Grill offers International and Local Specialities prepared on the grill. Using only the freshest and finest ingredients, Sunspot and it's adults only ambience is the perfect choice for fabulous sunset views or that special Romantic Escape! $5 & up.
- El Mirador Restaurant, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Fusion Cuisine prepared by top-class chefs. Guest chef series with chefs from around the world. Within walking distance of Manuel Antonio. Ocean view. Located right next to a pool. Serving Breakfast and Dinner. from US$12-$30.
- Playitas Restaurant, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Located on the secluded Playitas Beach. Within walking distance of Manuel Antonio. Poolside service. Serving lunch. from US$7-15.
- Bistro Restaurant & Pizzeria (Byblos Bistro Pizzeria), Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (3 Kilometers on Left after Quepos), ☎ ]506-2777-0411. 6:30AM-10PM. Bistro Restaurant offers Italian and International Specialties in a casually elegant poolside atmosphere. An excellent location for monkey sightings, it is known for the best brick oven pizza in town. Take out orders gladly accepted. $3 & up.
- Soda Sanchez is a great place to eat breakfast. It's across from the Widemouth Frog Backpacker's Hostel. Cheap prices, friendly people. Also serving lunch and dinner.
- El Gran Escape serves up some wonderful dishes, but prices rise steeply.
- Escalofrio, Downtown Quepos. Wonderful brick oven pizzas and homemade gelatos makes this great night spot.
Some bars have ladies nights and drink specials.
- Barba Roja has ladies night on Saturdays.
- Wacky Wanda's has cold drinks and air conditioning.
- Pescadores bar has cold drinks and an open atmosphere. Five TV's and nearly every NFL game.
- Dos Locos is very popular downtown and may have live music, but not always great music.
- Sargento Garcia's is usually jumpin' and is a tourist favorite.
- Billfish Sportsbar & Grill (Byblos Sportsbar), Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (3 Kilometers from Quepos on Left), ☎ . 6PM to Midnight. Billfish Sportsbar & Grill is a place for watching International Sports on their large screen TVs. Offering the usual Sportsbar fare, as well as dinner specialties fresh off the grill, its the perfect casual nightspot. Located next to the Byblos Casino. Monday night is Ladies Night $3 & up.
- Bambu Jam (Klaus Thalau), Carreterra Ma-Antonno, ☎ 27773369. 7AM till late. International cuisine, moderate price. There will be live music Tu and F (no charge).
- Cabinas Mary. Safe place to stay with included parking. Friendly family watches these cabins and someone is always awake even very late at night. About $10 USD per person per night. Near the soccer field, ask around to get directions.
- Cabinas Pedro Miguel, located on the road leading to the M/A beach and park. Small efficient rooms, free breakfast, private bath, A/C, or eco-friendly (screen walls overlooking tropical jungle). Rooms start at $25 depending on season and type desired.
- Villas Jacquelina. Eco-friendly specialty lodging with private rooms with both private and shared bathrooms. Large rooms with ceiling fan or A/C, rooftop patios, swimming pool, full guest kitchen, family ran, westernized hot water showers, free morning shuttle to town. Rates starting at $17.50 per person. Private rooms starting at $35.
- Wide Mouth Frog Hostel Pool, shared bathrooms with cold water only, kitchen, locked gate. In 2014, the nightly rate for a bunk in a non-private room was $12. Private rooms were $35 for two people, $45 for three and very sparse, no private bathroom. Located just 100m east (away from the water) from the main bus terminal.
- Casa Mono Congo, e-mail: email@example.com. A four bedroom, six bath home with private pool and is on the hill between Quepos and Manuel Antonio with ocean views. It's powered by solar panels and wind generator.
- Hotel Casitas Eclipse. Between $86 and $305 depending on season and room size.
- Hotel Costa Verde. Positioned right outside the national park. Between $60 and $250 depending on season and room size.
- Hotel Del Mar, ☎ . 200 meters from the beach. 12 clean, comfortable, and affordable rooms nestled discreetly in the jungle along the main road to the park. Gay friendly. Rooms range between $45 to $110.
- Kamuk Best Western. Between $75 and $105 depending on season and number of occupants. Near the oceanfront in Quepos.
- Villas El Parque. Between $65 and $230 depending on season and room size for two people. Extra cost for extra people. Rates include breakfast.
- Villas Mymosa. From $70 to $200 depending on room and season. Friendly staff, secure parking, comfortable rooms and great food. Breakfast included. Lat. 9.25.13 N, Lon. 84.09.31 W.
- Hotel La Colina. From $70 to $120 depending on room and season. Friendly staff, secure parking, comfortable rooms and great food. Breakfast included. Very nice view also
- Byblos Resort & Casino, Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (3 Kilometers past Quepos on Left), ☎ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12:00noon. Offers all the modern amenities and comforts of a three-star boutique resort, all rooms at Byblos are spacious and offer ample views of the local Wildlife, Garden Areas or Pacific Ocean. Accommodations feature air conditioning, telephones, cable TV, safe box, hair dryer, mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, and are designed with furniture of farm grown hardwoods by local craftsmen. Complimentary remote control gated parking and Wi-Fi is available. $110 night.
- El Parador. A resort with 5 hectares of land. Between $175 and $800 depending on season and room size. Rates include breakfast buffet.
- Geminis del Pacifico, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A four bedroom, three bath home with private pool with ocean view and a waterfall cascading in the house. It's located 1 mile from Manuel Antonio beach and 3 miles from the town of Quepos. $360-500
- Hotel Makanda by the Sea, Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (Turn right at Cafe Milagro, follow signs), ☎ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12:00 noon. Hotel Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Adults only. Offering all the amenities expected of a 4-star hotel $200 night.
- La Mansion. Luxury Hotel with view the Manuel Antonio Beach, between $125 and $1600 depending on season and room size. Minimum stay required during peak season.
- La Mariposa. Between $120 and $430 depending on season and room size. It has 1 infinity edge swimming pools, and 2 wet bars. Ask for a room with a view of the ocean, some of the balacony rooms offer a 180 degree view. Breakfast, which is included, is a tico, germany style buffett. Omelets are made to order.
- Si Como No. Between $160 and $270 depending on season and room size. Rates include breakfast buffet.
- Tulemar Bungalows. Between $270 and $389 for two people per night, depending on season. Breakfast included, as well as kayaks and snorkeling equipment.
- Villas Tranquilas, Costanera Hwy. West (300 mtrs south of the high school on Costanera and 100 meters west), ☎ 1.206.854.8828. Check-in: 11AM, check-out: 12PM. A six acre rainforest property with four villas with two bedrooms and bathrooms in each town home, fully furnished great room, and amenities include a washer dryer, filtered water, dishwasher, fully stocked kitchen, and two pools. 165.00/night.
- Take the bus in town to Manuel Antonio beach, it costs about one USD round trip and is a fun ride.
"Rafting" Trips down the Naranjo and Savegre river.