Rogers is a medium-sized town in Northwest Arkansas, in the Ozarks region, and is part of the Rogers-Bentonville-Springdale-Fayetteville metropolitan area. Rogers was founded in 1881 by a railroad baron, and has a historic brick-streeted downtown from its heyday in this time period. However, in recent years, development has sprawled around Interstate 540, leaving some older parts of town run-down. Rogers is essentially a small town that has had widespread suburban development, leading to heavy traffic on arterial streets. Most of the city outside downtown is unfriendly to walkers and bikers.
Rogers offers fairly easy access to other cities in the region as well as rural areas in the Ozarks, with a wealth of outdoor and recreational opportunities.
- The closest airport is the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA). http://www.nwara.com
Interstate 49 (formerly Interstate 540) is the main highway coming from Fort Smith and traveling north into Missouri. From the east, scenic highway 62 also leads to Rogers from Eureka Springs.
- Rogers Historical Museum, 322 South Second Street (Rogers historical district). Monday - Saturday, 10am-5pm.
- Daisy Airgun Museum, 202 W. Walnut, ☎ . 9AM-5PM M-Sa.
- Rogers Farmers Market. May through October, Wednesdays & Saturdays, 7-11am. The Rogers Farmers Market is located downtown and offers local produce during the summer.
- Rogers Public Library. Rogers Public Library is a newer public library, and offers a wifi hotspot.
- Local parks. There are many excellent parks in Rogers.
- Arkansas Music Pavilion (Walmart AMP). A new (as of 2014) music venue in Rogers, located on the edge of town near the Pinnacle Hills Mall, just off Interstate 49. This is a permanent outdoor amphitheater (the "largest stage house in Arkansas", according to their website) with a seating area and a lawn section, hosting a variety of national touring music acts. Concessions include food and beer. The shows are managed by the Walton Arts Center in Fayetteville, so tickets are sold through the WAC's website.
- Candlewood Suites, 4601 West Rozell, ☎ .
- Embassy Suites Rogers/NW Arkansas, 3303 Pinnacle Hills Parkway, ☎ .
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Rogers, 4611 Rozell Road, ☎ , fax: +1 479 936-5901.
- MainStay Suites, 301 South 45th Street, ☎ , fax: +1 479 636-3236.
- Residence Inn Rogers, 4611 West Locust Street, ☎ , fax: +1 479 636-5991.
|Routes through Rogers|
|Joplin ← Bentonville ←||N S||→ Springdale → Fayetteville|
|Fayetteville ← Springdale ←||W E||→ Eureka Springs → Mountain Home|