- For other places with the same name, see Saint John (disambiguation).
Get in 
By plane 
VC Bird International Airport is situated a few kilometers away, and has regular flights to UK, U.S. and other Caribbean islands.
By cruise ship 
Many tourists arrive by Cruise ship to spend the day. Most ships dock at large piers that empty into downtown through an open-air shopping mall.
Get around 
Many Taxi services exist and one may even rent a car. For the traveller on a budget The bus service is pretty reliable. (Ask Locals for assistance.)
Bike Plus (Independence Dr, St John’s, Tel: 462-2453, www.bikeplusantigua.com) rents out a range of bikes from US$ 17.50 per day (Year 2010).
- Carnival - annual festival from late July to early August.
- Cricket - Antigua's big sport. Played at the Recreation Ground, matches are accompanied by calypso music and mass dancing!
- Sample local cuisine and drinks.
- Mingle with the locals and don't be afraid to ask directions.
- See the island attractions.
- Gamble if you're into that.
- Go to one of the many clubs and I mean Many!
- Enjoy your trip!
See this topic under "Antigua".
- 1000 Flowers - good clothes store
- Clothes many clothing stores exist.
- Electronics such as cameras.
- Memorabilia like T-shirts, ornaments etc. from the vendors.
- Local cuisine.
Eat and drink 
Many restaurants exist in the St. John's area. And Bars are littered around the island. Ask for your favourite beer and they will most likely have it.
At one of the many hotels or guest houses. For the traveller on a budget try to stay at a local rented apartment or a cheap motel.
- Jumby Bay, PO Box 243, St. John’s, Tel (268) 462-6000, . This Caribbean luxury resort in Antigua offers suites and villa accommodations, afternoon tea, tennis instruction, beauty and massage services, and meeting space and wedding facilities.