Unnao is a city in Uttar Pradesh, and is known as the wellspring of freedom fighters and great writers.
This is not a very cosmopolitan city; neither does it have huge malls and big markets. It's a very calm place where you will feel very close to nature.
You can get in by local tempo called Vikram from Kanpur. It only costs around Rs.10 but its very difficult to travel in these Vikarams for a new person. The best mode of travel is through train from Kanpur and Lucknow. You can reach Kanpur and then take a train. It takes only 25 minutes to reach Unnao. From Lucknow it takes around 1 and a half hours.
- Kalyani Devi (At the heart of the city). A very spiritual temple.
- Gogul Baba Mandir (Magarwara Village, 6 km from Unnao City on Unnao-Kanpur Road). This Mandir is Lord Shiva Mandir. Here are also Ram Janki Mandir and Durga Mandir. Many devotees come here. After Diwali a very big Mela is held here.
There is another temple of god Hanuman at Bada Chauraha which is very famous in city:
- Kushehri Devi Mandir- Kushehari Maata Mandir near Kusumbhi Railway Station. A link road goes to its west side from Navwab Ganj.
- Van Devi Mandir (Near Shekhpur Nari village (Sharda Nahar)), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Van Devi Mandir: Information is given by [Er. Amit Dwivedi(Electronics Engineer) s/o Mahesh Kumar Dwivedi(Lekhpal)]. Van Devi Mandir is a famous temple. Its fair, which is conducted every year by the villagers, is very famous and enjoyed by lots of childrens.
If you want some clothes then there are several old shops in Unnao who can give you clothes without any bargaining. You can buy clothes here without any hesitation as the rates are very reasonable and these shops are bargaining free.
- Upbhokta Khadi Bhandar,Bada Chauraha Unnao. This is a shop of Gupta Ji and you will get good varieties of clothes. It is opposite to a very popular temple called Jhandeshwar Mahadev Mandir. Then you have shops like Mupass and Five brother if you want some denim stuff.
Unnao is very much famous for its cuisine.
- New Hotel Green Palace And Green Restaurant (Opp. Sabji Mandi, Bada Chauraha, Unnao - 209801). Special cuisine.
- Suruchi (Near Railway Station). Fast food place specialising in egg rolls.
- Awasthi. Local Indian food.
- Manoranjan. Local Indian food.
- Fauji Restaurant.
- Rangoli Lodge, B-63 avas vikas coloney (near lucknow bye pass), ☎ . Check-out: 12 noon. Good,clean & nice place to stay with homely atmosphere.It was the first hotel in unnao opened in year 2001. Rooms are aircooled/aircondition with attach and nonattach toilets wall to wall carpet& T.V.it has a capacity of 40 beds (16 rooms and a dormitory )provided with power back up generator & inverter. Room rent varies room to room starts from dodmectary Rs.60 and closes to airconditioned Rs.800. Home made delious lazeez veg. food made by housewifes is provided in tiffins for breakfast,lunch & dinner odrered in specific time. Travell desk is always ready at your service on demand." variable.