(Redirected from Wakulla County)
The Forgotten Coast is a coastal stretch of the Florida Panhandle so named for being left out of Florida tourism promotions for several years in a row. This region is comprised of Franklin, Gulf, Jefferson, and Wakulla counties.
- Apalachicola -- the historic Heart of the Forgotten coast featuring 200 historic buildings and amazing oysters.
- Carrabelle -- Home of the "World's Smallest Police Station" - it's in a phone booth.
- Eastpoint -- the commercial center of the Forgotten Coast, with a number of shops and restaurants. Home to the new Franklin County School (K-12)
- Port St. Joe -- County seat of Gulf County, good fishing, shopping.
- Saint George
- Saint Marks -- History and the HuManatee Festival
- Wakulla Springs -- One of the world's deepest and largest freshwater springs.
- Wewahitchka -- Two lovely lakes just a short drive from the coast.
- Sopchoppy -- A tiny but thriving town a few miles from the coast.
- Apalachicola National Forest
- Bald Point State Park is a Florida State Park located south of Ochlockonee Bay, approximately seven miles southeast of Panacea, in Alligator Point, off U.S. 98, in northwestern Florida. The park has such amenities as beaches, bicycling, birding, canoeing, fishing, hiking, kayaking, swimming and wildlife viewing.
- St. George Island -- a small island connected by bridge to the mainland, St. George is a tiny town surrounded by a sprinkling of vacation homes and a state park in the dunes.
- Saint Marks National Wildlife Refuge
- St Vincent Island -- a long thin sandbar peninsula with one of the top 10 state parks in the US
- St. Vincent National Wildlife Refuge
- 11th Annual Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show, downtown (Apalachicola, FL), ☎ . The 11th Annual Apalachicola Antique & Classic Boat Show will take place Saturday, April 25, 2009. The show consists of 50-60 boats.
- Apalachicola Art Walk & Wine Festival, downtown (Apalachicola), ☎ . 12PM - 6PM. Apalachicola Art Walk & Wine Festival April 4, 2009
Art in all forms will be woven in and around picturesque downtown Apalachicola where artists and musicians will be showing, selling and demonstrating their talents