West Yorkshire is a county in Yorkshire in England, in the United Kingdom. The city of Leeds dominates the West Yorkshire economy, tourism and infrastructure. Leeds has won a string of awards, including UK Visitor City of the Year, UK's Favourite City, Most Female Friendly City and Best Nightlife.
Bradford another large and important city in West Yorkshire, and is the first UNESCO City Of Film, it is also the home of the National Media Museum, Saltaire UNESCO World Heritage site, and Bronte country which includes Thornton and Haworth.
- Bradford - A great base to visit the National Media Museum and explore Bronte country including Thornton village the birthplace of the Brontë sisters and Haworth, The UNESCO World Heritage site at Saltaire (including Salts Mill) and the Yorkshire Dales. Bradford also has a wide variety of shops, restaurants and pubs.
- Leeds - West Yorkshire's biggest city, great base for exploring Yorkshire, shopping, dining and drinking
- Hebden Bridge
- Holmfirth - small but charming rural town
West Yorkshire is one of traditional Yorkshire's four modern administrative counties along with East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire and South Yorkshire. (Note that 'South Riding' is a fictional county, subject of a novel by Winifred Holtby before South Yorkshire was thought of!)
- By air: Leeds-Bradford International Airport .
- By rail: East Coast , Arriva Trains CrossCountry  or First TransPennine Express .
- By coach: National Express .
- By bus: Yorkshire Coastliner  for services between Leeds and the coast including Scarborough and Whitby.
West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive  provide rail and local bus information on their website, and offers the innovative "My Next Bus" service of real-time bus information online or by text message. This real-time information is also displayed in certain bus shelters.
There are a number of different day rovers available that give unlimited travel in the West Yorkshire region, full details are available on the West Yorkshire Metro website . In July 2013 the price for an Adult Train & Bus DayRover for one adult is £7.50, for Buses only pass the price is £5.40, for Trains only the price is £6.60.