Westborough is a town in Massachusetts. It is a very affluent community, even by Massachusetts' standards and is both a bedroom community for Boston, the Metrowest, and Worcester and is a major employment center in its own right with numerous office parks.
Westborough is most easily reached by car using MA Route 9. Route 9 connects Westborough directly to Worcester to the west and Boston to the east. Travelers coming from north or south will most likely use I-495 exit 23, which connects to Route 9.
MBTA Commuter rail stops at Westborough Station, which is a couple of miles from the village. Unless you have a friend picking you up at the station, be prepared to walk.
Westborough village is small enough to be navigated on foot, however you will need a car to reach points outside the village. Traffic on Route 9 can be extremely heavy during rush hour and there are many aggressive drivers.
- Birthplace of Eli Whitney, inventor of the mechanical cotton gin which vastly increased cotton production.
- Assabet Reservoir
Westborough has the usual collection of chain restaurants (Chipotle, Wendy's, Panera etc.)
- Bertucci's, 160 Turnpike Rd., ☎ . Yes, its a chain, but one generally confined to southern New England. Affordable Italian food and brick oven pizza.
- Regatta Deli, 3 Colonial Dr., ☎ . Popular deli specializing in the Regatta Club, a $5 Italian sub.
- Sapporo Restaurant, 50 East Main St., ☎ . Korean BBQ and Sushi
- Westboro Korean Restaurant, 7 East Main St., ☎ .
- Doubletree Hotel - Boston/Westboro, 5400 Computer Dr, ☎ . In the wooded countryside of central Massachusetts, the hotel is surrounded by natural beauty - making it a wonderful vantage point for viewing New England's exquisite fall foliage. Near historic sites, golf and outlet shopping.
- Courtyard Boston Westborough, 3 Technology Drive, ☎ , fax: +1 508 870-5577.
- Residence Inn Boston Westborough, 25 Connector Road, ☎ , fax: +1 508 366-4334.
|Routes through Westborough|
|Worcester ← Millbury ←||W E||→ Hopkinton → Boston|
|Lowell ← Marlborough ←||N S||→ Hopkinton → Taunton|